What book are you reading at the moment ?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Thief of Mind by Ben Thomas.

Only just started reading it, on the first chapter, but boy this is humorous without being juvenile-feeling. The main character (so far) is relatable to me as an adult who once was on fire but has since lost much of his shine. I am really enjoying reading it.

LlamaParty

Finished Foundation's Edge, then Foundation and Earth. Took a break from Asimov and read The Forever War, which was amazing. Now busy reading the Expanse series and enjoying it quite a bit.

zophas

Damn! I look thru this thread and wish that I could find even a quarter of the books that are mentioned here. My biggest problem is, of course, financial. So I have to rely on the local library and second hand shops. Trying to read a series of books in order is almost impossible for me. So I have become a book hunter with a pretty small hunting ground. Is there any way that we could organize a book swap club here between members? Or is there one already that I do not know about? Thanks.

saor

Honorary Master
Damn! I look thru this thread and wish that I could find even a quarter of the books that are mentioned here. My biggest problem is, of course, financial.
Might be worth trying to save up for a kindle. Often the price of a kindle book on Amazon is cheaper than buying it second-hand here. Book swap might be a good idea too tho. Where in SA are you?

zophas

I have a very old Kindle. Still find that many of the books I would like to read are a bit expensive. But I have found some good one's too. I live on the East Rand.

K3NS31

Expert Member
I have a very old Kindle. Still find that many of the books I would like to read are a bit expensive. But I have found some good one's too. I live on the East Rand.
Logon to Amazon frequently. They always have book sales. I tend to buy my books in batches whenever there's a big sale. Eg. Their Spring sale just started. (Obviously I mean Kindle books).

The only spy to have successfully had high level access to the Japanese and German plans, all while spying for the USSR (who thought he was a double agent and thus did not take his information regarding Operation Barbarossa that seriously). Fascinating story!

dabean

Expert Member
Busy with this. Got rave reviews, so thought I'd check it out. Pretty harrowing so far. Listening to the audiobook, so it's read by a guy with a proper Irish accent, too.

https://www.amazon.com/Say-Nothing-Murder-Northern-Ireland/dp/0385521316

I've been meaning to learn more about The Troubles since I started listening to The Blindboy Podcast. Perfect use of this month's audible credit.

https://play.acast.com/s/blindboy/didyoureadabouterskinefogarty- (great short story in the first episode)

cerebus

Honorary Master
Not a book but it's... literary. The Anthropecene Reviewed podcast is brilliant. It's narrated by John Green, who wrote The Fault In Our Stars.