What book are you reading at the moment ?

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Thought I'd give this a try:

I read this when it first came out - oh, sometime in the '70s, I think.
For a while, my Dad and I were very keen on the whole Ancient Astronauts thingy. We even went to see von Daniken when he toured Rhodesia.
These days, I'm far more critical of it.

Claymore

Executive Member
I read this when it first came out - oh, sometime in the '70s, I think.
For a while, my Dad and I were very keen on the whole Ancient Astronauts thingy. We even went to see von Daniken when he toured Rhodesia.
These days, I'm far more critical of it.
The guy was a serious crackpot...

R13...

Honorary Master
Gave up on imajica about 98% of the way through.

Now started Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Not my usual style, but I just finished Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I have to admit, I just couldn't put it down and finished the last 2/3 over 2 evenings.

At times both heart wrenching and at others completely joyous, it is at the very least a book that will make you think about life and those we share the journey with.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Done with the crackpot Erich von Daniken.
Now moved over to Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

I don't trust deGrasse Tyson.
He completley flubbed a question on the setting-point of the Sun on Twitter a few years ago - and never corrected himself or apologised for the incorrect information.
The "mistake" seems to me to be informed by a lack of basic understanding of fundamental planetary mechanics.
Carl Sagan he is not.

C4Cat

Executive Member
He completley flubbed a question on the setting-point of the Sun on Twitter a few years ago - and never corrected himself or apologised for the incorrect information.
The "mistake" seems to me to be informed by a lack of basic understanding of fundamental planetary mechanics.
Carl Sagan he is not.
As you keep telling us - it really, really annoys you, doesn't it?

K3NS31

Expert Member
Carl Sagan he is not.
Hm
Doctorate in Astrophysics.
Co-authored a bunch of academic papers.
Has loads of actual and honorary degrees.
Wrote several books.
Yep, don't trust him at all (/s)

Hephaestus

Forging
Carl Sagan he is not.
Have these to read next:

C4Cat

Executive Member
Hm
Doctorate in Astrophysics.
Co-authored a bunch of academic papers.
Has loads of actual and honorary degrees.
Wrote several books.
Yep, don't trust him at all (/s)
Yeah, but he made an incorrect tweet which obviously nullifies everything else he's done!

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Yeah, but he made an incorrect tweet which obviously nullifies everything else he's done!
Yup. :laugh:

It does really, really bug me.
As you noticed.
What can I say? I am easily bugged by these things:D

PS probably got something to do with my age, and remembering Sagan, and a time before Twitter.