What broadband service do you use?

What broadband service do you use as your primary connection at home?

• Fibre

Votes: 646 43.6%
  • ADSL

Votes: 357 24.1%
  • VDSL

Votes: 47 3.2%
  • Fixed LTE

Votes: 240 16.2%
  • WISP

Votes: 53 3.6%
  • Mobile Connection

Votes: 115 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 23 1.6%

• Total voters

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
VDSL because it was the best combination of fast/cheap in my area at the time.

I'll switch to fibre when I stop being too lazy to go through the admin, the connection point is already on my property.

Surfer22

MTN LTE. Telkom LTE was fully subscribed (Maximum users per base station) and prices were increased. Fibre not yet available. ADSL very poor

Gaby Mabunda

I use Telkom ADSL. 10 Mbps line uncapped Data. Extremely useless and would change to a better service if it was available in my region.

Ghost in the Machine

ADSL, really the only option in my area. (Having said that I get 1.2 Mbps on a 2 Mbps line, with a huge amount of attenuation.) Mobile reception is awful, like really, really bad. It does look like they are digging trenches for fibre, so one lives in hope...

rh1

Expert Member
Fibre 20/2. Was til september on 40mbps vdsl. Move because of telkom service. I was offline for two months. As soon as fibre was live, I switched.

VanTheMan

ADSL= available, slow, but cheap
No fibre available
LTE only available for short while- considering- fast, but more expensive.
Decisions, decisions, decisions

Terber

Rain LTE. No contract No fiber and adsl too expensive when taking all costs such as line into account

randburgred

We want to find out what broadband connections MyBroadband’s forum members use at home, and why they selected these connections.
  1. Please vote in the poll about your broadband connection at home.
  2. Please tell us why you selected this broadband connection
Your feedback is really valuable to us.
If Fibre is available which it is in my area it provides uncapped very fast internet which is ideal for streaming

mssurf

As a pensioner it is only just affordable for me. R349 for 50GB pm. Mweb/Cell C LTE

OldCrowEW

I use RAIN Fixed and Mobile LTE. Fibre is supposedly in my area, I have a node installed but still not live a year and a half later. No ADSL that is usable due to exceptionally crap copper. So only fixed LTE gives any decent service. Will switch to fibre when Openserve eventually turns it on. Not holding my breath though.

ljw1304

ADSL as this was the only option at the time. I also require a fixed line phone. This is therefore the most economical option.