What broadband service do you use?

What broadband service do you use as your primary connection at home?

• Fibre

Votes: 646 43.6%
  • ADSL

Votes: 357 24.1%
  • VDSL

Votes: 47 3.2%
  • Fixed LTE

Votes: 240 16.2%
  • WISP

Votes: 53 3.6%
  • Mobile Connection

Votes: 115 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 23 1.6%

• Total voters

rudyn

I moved to Fibre only a few days ago. Before that we had ADSL service, which was cost friendly and reasonably efficient.

DrTarr

Chose fibre because my 2Mbps ADSL on a 10 year old router wasn't cutting it anymore.

Shamiel_1

Afrihost Cell C Fixed LTE - Fibre not available here yet and can't wait to get Fibre...

igi

ADSL- waiting for fiber prices to come down, i hope soon.

Wietze

I use a Fixed LTE service, Cell C through Afrihost, 20GB/month, as well as unlimited mobile rain.
I use LTE as it's affordable, can be relocated easily, and I don't live anywhere for long enough to justify fibre.
I bond these services with Speedify, which gives me permanently fast connections.

Cavallino

Fibre. Uncapped, unshaped,unthrottled is cheaper & more reliable than ADSL...or LTE (which is easily saturated and data very expensive)

Gazbal

Expert Member
Fibre. Affordable, decent speed without having to pay for a unused Telkom landline.

Joe_Moer

Telkom Fixed LTE because ADSL got progressively worse due to cable faults. No fibre in my area. Telkom uncapped deal was best solution. Tower is 200 metres away. Best value for money.

vetpiet

With my wife watching Hallmark movies and my kids watching who knows what on Youtube and dad obviously wanting to enjoy some sport streaming, fibre is the way to go...

essene

We use fiber from Vumatel with Cool Ideas as ISP. Great price! We have a 50/5 line that we share amongst everyone on the property with no performance issues and solid reliability.

isie

Honorary Master
Fibre because it became available in my area - I had ADLS before that - just find both more stable then a wireless connection

Absinth

We use Fibre. It was a like for like replacement (did have ADSL before)