What broadband service do you use?

What broadband service do you use as your primary connection at home?

• Fibre

Votes: 646 43.6%
  • ADSL

Votes: 357 24.1%
  • VDSL

Votes: 47 3.2%
  • Fixed LTE

Votes: 240 16.2%
  • WISP

Votes: 53 3.6%
  • Mobile Connection

Votes: 115 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 23 1.6%

• Total voters

Marius Flash

Expert Member
As soon as Fibre is avail in my area, that would be my choice. Adsl is no longer reliable and speeds are insufficient.

Martinventer

ADSL connection is the only affordable connection available in my area, no fibre laid yet. LTE is available but expensive compared to ADSL.

Ernestbes

Uncapped from Letaba CC and at the same speed as 3G+ for R600 per month. Sick and tired with MTN not having Internet, although a good signal.

Emily_Onyxx

There is no fibre in our area yet and the cable lines have constant issues (which have previously taken up to 3 months to fix). So we went LTE and have had very few down times.

BadAsh

I am using ADSL because I am with telkom and it's a menace to cancel at the moment. I would change to fibre if the telkom cancellation process was much smoother.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
ADSL but should be on Fiber by the end of this year otherwise early next year. :thumbsup:

greg0205

Honorary Master
100Mbps uncapped Fibre account. Switched from 10Mbps uncapped Telkom copper the month the fibre was available because... obviaas.

trids

1. Please tell us why you selected this broadband connection
Your feedback is really valuable to us.
I have several Telkom LTE products, averaging out at about R7 per GB. Best performance / price ratio available to me.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Leveraging Rain Mobile Uncapped LTE on a "Fixed LTE router", best value for money.

livw88

Fibre - Cool Ideas 20/2 uncapped. Works like a charm and worth every cent!

DaveHammond

ADSL. I operate from 2 different home locations one at Durban, SouthbCoast, Winklespruit and one at Champagne Valley, KZN Drakensberg. MTN seems to provide best speed link in both places but very erattic and latency seems to be a big problem in both sites causing erattic connection. ADSL download in Winklespruit around 8 meg and in Berg around 3 meg but seems to be the most reliable. I do wish I could achieve faster reliable connections but also want to be sure of a good voice service. A 100Gig Telkom ADSL SP serves me well, is usable on both linesat reasonable cost