What channels do you have on your Roku?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I've just been looking at my current list of the channels I've installed on my Rokus here in the lounge and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on…

US RokuUK Roku
A&E
ABC
Amazon
Bloomberg TV
CBS Sports
Channel Pear
CNN Go
Crackle
Discovery Go
Discovery ID Go
Disney
Disney XD
ESPN
Food Network
Fox Business
Foxnow
Freeform
FXNow
HBO Go ABC
History
Hulu
Lifetime
MLB.tv
MTv
NatGeo TV
NBC
NBC Sport
Netflix
Nick
Nowhere TV
Plex
Popcornflix
Popcornflix Kids
Roku Newscaster
Showtime
Sky News
Starz
tubitv
tunein
TLC
Weather Underground
Youtube
BBC iPlayer
BBC Sport
Channel 4
Demand 5
iTV
NowTV
Sky News

Last edited:

Drifter

Honorary Master
You dont have Plex?

** Edit ** Oops, I see you do. Did you install unsupported channels on it?

Stevi

Expert Member
Can you watch Super Rugby on any of those channels?

furpile

Expert Member
I only use Netflix, Plex and Pandora on my US Roku. Pandora is quite nice for music.

I am thinking of switching my Roku to UK, how much of a mission is this? Mainly to get BBC. I will then still have Netflix and Plex, which is what I mainly use. What about Pandora, is that available on UK?

akescpt

Honorary Master
the multichoice are pissing themselves trying to keep up with the forum setups. wonder how big their spy department is.

OP what speed is your interwebs?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I only use Netflix, Plex and Pandora on my US Roku. Pandora is quite nice for music.

I am thinking of switching my Roku to UK, how much of a mission is this? Mainly to get BBC. I will then still have Netflix and Plex, which is what I mainly use. What about Pandora, is that available on UK?
You need to create a new, UK, roku account, reset the roku to factory default, link it to the new account, and then install the UK apps. You can always revert back to your US setup.

Not sure about Pandora but I can have a look later for you.

OP what speed is your interwebs?
10mb ADSL

furpile

Expert Member
You need to create a new, UK, roku account, reset the roku to factory default, link it to the new account, and then install the UK apps. You can always revert back to your US setup.

Not sure about Pandora but I can have a look later for you.

10mb ADSL

Thanks, so not a big deal to change it. Will probably do it before the olympics :) for no related reason...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thanks, so not a big deal to change it. Will probably do it before the olympics :) for no related reason...

No, it's pretty simple but a bit time consuming to reload all the apps. I set our old Roku 1 to the UK just before the Rugby World Cup :) also for no related reason…

mister

Executive Member
I've just been looking at my current list of the channels I've installed on my Rokus here in the lounge and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on…

Are any of those free channels any good? I remember installing tons when I first got the roku and they were all utter crap. Rubbish content or the quality was bad. I ended up removing them all.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Are any of those free channels any good? I remember installing tons when I first got the roku and they were all utter crap. Rubbish content or the quality was bad. I ended up removing them all.

Hard to say - the one's I've listed are mostly free for me - the only ones I subscribe to atm since I cancelled Netflix are Hulu and NowTv.

In fact I'm probably going to cancel Hulu next because most of that content is duplicated.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Sorry but no Pandora that I can find.

furpile

Expert Member
Sorry but no Pandora that I can find.

Ah well. Will probably switch to UK anyway. Have Pandora on the phone as well.

I think you use pretty much all the channels that are usable then :) A lot of them requires a cable sub so not really useful to us.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Ah well. Will probably switch to UK anyway. Have Pandora on the phone as well.

I think you use pretty much all the channels that are usable then :) A lot of them requires a cable sub so not really useful to us.
Yeah, fortunately I have friends and family in the US that were more than happy to sign me in. So if you know anyone in the states… ;)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Whaaaaat? :D
I will look into it

Seems like they're using local commentators. I can't tell what the resolution is but it looks good and there's no buffering.