What do you think should be done to stop the looting?

sandereo

There is one African Country that has never been colonised and that is Ethopia. That is an example of what SA (or whatever it would have been called if the Europeans never arrived) would have been like if the European Settlers and the subsequent English Colonisers never arrived.

Bleddy KaasKoppe and Pommies robbed the continent of Wakanda.
I agree. Europeans should never have come to south africa and modernized it to better living standards. Then the mass would still have been running around with spears chasing goats and living in mudhuts. Good for nothing else, anyway.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I've watched too many movies, but here goes.

Ramaphosa does not seem to have the stomach for this. To factor in things going south he would have needed a very long term plan in place to action as soon as the proverbial excrement hit the fan.

I see a few people suggesting stopping the lockdown. I would do the opposite. Go to lockdown level 5 and use Covid as a "cover". By and large most citizens are law abiding and the criminal element are using the this whole "hands-off" situation as an excuse to loot. In a level 5 lockdown movement is restricted to essential workers with permits weeding out majority of movement to the criminally inclined. Also the restrictions on gatherings should be enforced.

Military drones to monitor hot spot areas. NSA support to immediately arrest anyone, and I mean anyone, inciting violence and fake news on public platforms. Also, weed out enemies in your own organisation. Once high level arrests are completed - temporarily block all social media. Use mobile surveillance to find out who the leaders of the looters in each area are - bring the full might of the law down on them.

Gimli

1) Can someone give Cyril a strap-on pair of balls?
2) Sharp point ammunition
3) Classic liberalism in the long term

kolaval

Executive Member
Just direct to looting to mines esp those belonging to a certain brother in law.

Gimli

Cops have been deploying tear gas and rubber bullets in Alexandra. It did not deter the looters.
Not enough no doubt. Exactly like the ANC, never up to standard, never quite what is required to achive a goal, and always celebrating mediocrity.