What do you think should be done to stop the looting?

Corelli

Expert Member
Pull all the food out of the areas, and pack up and move all the hospitals out of the area. Then barricade the area, and shoot anyone who approach. They will kill each other for food first.

Corelli

Expert Member
Let them ransack the mall, and then carpetbomb the mall

They will think twice after that.

Do what the British did. Scorched earth.

And cut all SASSA grants to that area, other than for the elderly.

gottagoon

Executive Member
**** me it's quite here.... I was expecting hectic **** back in KWT.
Crazy world this.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
That Penis cream guy is getting lots of free advertising on Newzroom Afrika at the moment.

Locals in Soweto defending Maponya Mall from looters 2 currently live.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
The solution is simple: Be reasonable, but firm. Kill, injure or maim the looters, regardless of gender, age or what they have stolen. Equality before the law. Their numbers will dwindle and dry up, won't even take 24 hours.
Any other solution is calling for these treasonous and terrorist acts to continue forever, with varying intensity.

Tman*

Expert Member
Announce universal income for all. (not what i would do, but probably an ANC "solution" in consideration)

j4ck455

Executive Member
Stop lockdown.
What lockdown?

Looters have exempted themselves from any form of lockdown.

Looters have only managed to loot (more like pillaging and plundering) because SAPS are not enforcing the lockdown, nor are SAPS enforcing law and order.

It's about the lack of law enforcement: enforce the law and order will be restored, it really is that simple.

Use the military to block off all routes used by looters. Basically all major routes. Monitor attempts to circumvent roadblocks from the air and deploy as needed.
Problem solved.
The looters are not appearing out of nowhere and then disappearing again. Control the roads.
SANDF controlled roadblocks and control points at onramps and offramps to highways should have been done in April 2020 when we had the most restrictive lockdown "level 5" before there were any lockdown levels defined.

For whatever inexplicable reason this government is inept and incapable of making decisions and implementing anything.

I tend to think that if SAPS used teargas to disperse looters, it would be quite effective.

Botha22

Nah only parts of it are burning.... the worst is yet to come, maybe now maybe later.

And I am not vapidly insulting anyone.... what I have been seeing in the last few days is almost all the lefties (which is most of myBB) are suddenly either silent or acting like what they often accuse "the right" of being..... and completely without self awareness.

Suddenly the gun control nuts, the "give peace a chance" hippies and even outright communists are functionally on board with weapons for self defence and police using live rounds on "protesters"..... and the moment things return to "normal" they will conveniently forget everything they said and every opinion they held.

The real fun is going to come when eventually the police and army fail get back control.... this so far is nothing compared to what is yet to come..... we ain't there yet.

EDIT: forgot a word...
I am not aware of any communist country where the looting that has been happening in Gauteng and KZN would be tolerated. If force is required to restore order then there is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean you suddenly side with whatever nonsense you seem to believe.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
What do you think should be done to stop the looting?

My wild theory:Meet The Squad.(1-2-3 Boom)
I think to investigate and understanding the mechanics(Abstract & physical) behind the looting sqaud may help:
1-The main king pins and where they came from, wherever from, motives etc.
2-The main squad easily gather 2nd layer of looters, maybe even pay them.
3-The 3rd layer is made up of willing locals(For a cause=The abstract), easily due to poverish circuimstances.

4-The squad maybe ready on a bus-notice to be anywhere in the country on short notice, sometimes it seems they not enough in the core to be convincingly everywhere at once.

5-Has anybody looked through the Narratives and Smoke and Mahem, and start plotting the physicals to what is destroyed(not how overwhelming it looks/appears) and what is achived by doing so, short term, long term etc etc.

Last edited:

SZN

Expert Member
The only thing that will stop the looters is a Marikana 2.0. The liberals will b1tch and moan about human rights etc but if the situation is not brought under control now anarchy will rule

Nope, I'm generally quite liberal, and I say fire away.

Only humans who provide general value to society should be given rights.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Nope, I'm generally quite liberal, and I say fire away.

Only humans who provide general value to society should be given rights.
FIFO

Fit In or F*** Off

Sorry looters, you are the weakest link, goodbye...

What I would love to understand is how much of this is politically motivated, and how much is just general lawlessness and opportunism by lowlife werf etters

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
What lockdown?
The one that has been going on for a year and a half too long. The one that caused people to loose their income. The one that has pushed people so far that even if they have no idea who Jacob Zuma is, finally they get stuff for free so they join the bandwagon.

The ongoing lockdown is the fuel that when exposed to what was initially a political protest, ignited (literarily in some cases) in wide spread disregard for the law. People are fed up, bored, having nothing else to do - mostly as a result of lockdown.

While media focuses on looters making off with big ticket items such as TVs there many more who just looted things they could not get as a result of lockdown - food being the most important.