What do you think South Africa should do next?

What do you think South Africa should do next in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic?

• Move the country to level 3 and keep some areas at level 4, as planned

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • Move the whole country to level 3

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Move to level 2 now

Votes: 37 23.1%
  • Move to level 1 now

Votes: 60 37.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Shred all regulations.

Replace with:

Wear masks
Social distancing of 2m everywhere
Work from home if possible

Done

Every other rule can be derived from these three principles and so is not necessary to specify.

FNfal

Executive Member
We are all adults let us decide for our selves the level of distancing we want .
If you want to work do it , if you do not want to work do it .
Let people decide for them selves .
The " we all going to die tomorrow brigade" can lock them selves in their houses if they want .

I am done with the house arrest BS .

Jola

Honorary Master
I would love to be in control of my own destiny, thank you.
Yes, but you should not be allowed to make decisions that could negatively affect the destiny of others, for example by not wearing a mask. You could kill people by not doing this.

rustypup

Expert Member
You could kill people by not doing this.
You could kill people driving.

If you have kids, you're actively killing thousands in the future.

You have likely contributed to the deaths of these same risk cohorts multiple times in the past because you propagated the influenza virus without being aware of it.

Point being, nothing new under the sun here and as an argument for playing house arrest whilst destroying the economy and committing to 6-10 years of painful recovery alongside a severely crippling and destructive unemployment jump., it's probably one of the weakest.

ghostim

Expert Member
Or they could just let those over 55 make the decision for themselves.
Nope, I'm over 55 and diabetic. Guess what ? Some companies will force you to work in an office environment. So that rule could stay in the regulations.

eg2505

Honorary Master
honestly speaking the whole lockdown situation hasnt helped anybody,
been devastating to jobs,livelihoods, and peoples well being.

one could almost say, its been like a small scale war or invasion.

best way forward?
end it all now, hasn't helped anybody and only caused damage on an epic scale.

yes, if your elderly, or HIV positive, you take the risk on your own.
but for the rest of us, let us enjoy our lives peacefully without masks and hand sanitizer everywhere.

Jola

Honorary Master
You could kill people driving.

If you have kids, you're actively killing thousands in the future.

You have likely contributed to the deaths of these same risk cohorts multiple times in the past because you propagated the influenza virus without being aware of it.

Point being, nothing new under the sun here and as an argument for playing house arrest whilst destroying the economy and committing to 6-10 years of painful recovery alongside a severely crippling and destructive unemployment jump., it's probably one of the weakest.
Absolutely BS arguments !!!

1) If you kill/disable someone by driving negligently, you could be sued for millions !

2) Influenza is part of life, covid is certainly not. Not as yet, anyway.

3) All I'm saying is help to protect others by wearing a mask, you don't have the right to harm others. Your rant about the economy has nothing to do with this argument.

Grow up, you sound like a Trumpian redneck.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Re organise their levels and move to level 5.

Level 5 being:

1.) All trade and production open with social distancing in check. OHS in businesses should monitor this and keep individuals and customers from congregating.

2.) Transport across provinces should b closely monitored and a permit is required if crossing is necessary.

3.) Public transport to be limited to the bare minimum requirements with the same screening procedures upon boarding and exiting. IE. temperature check and sanitation. (regardless of asymptomatic cases this should at least reduce spread and keep individuals conscious about their environment.)

4.) International trade and freight to remain operational with additional protection and sanitisation procedures for qualifying freight.

5.) International travel banned for any non trade related travel. Employees in trade to be tested for both Covid 19 and antibodies before being able to board any flights or ships sailing international waters.

6.) Hotels, guest houses, resorts, clubs and bars to remain close till level 4 where strategic opening of such places can exist with acceptable social distancing capability.

7.) Motels only to accept truck drivers licenses.

8.) Citizens to be updated daily with efforts to both slowing down the pandemic and

9.) Parks and beaches to remain accessible with proper policing to ensure on congregation.

10.) Widespread initiative to allow testing for both Covid-19 and antibody tests.

11.) Public outcry for change in policy to be addressed every day with analysed reasoning behind set policy. No reasoning or the inability to provide evidence that any measure taken by the government reduces the spread of covid-19 should set in place the procedure to undo set policy.

Honestly this is what level 5 should look like in my opinion.

Jola

Honorary Master
BS. Coronavirus variants have been with us for thousands of years.
Ok, so just because I leave out the 19 you resort to talking rubbish !

The damage to the economy is going to kill far more people than COVID-19.
And then you put in the 19 ???

We were not discussing the economy at all, irrelevant to the discussion.

This was about what you can/cannot do from an individual freedom point of view. I was just saying that you don't have the freedom to harm others.

But please do feel free to keep whetting your pants.
You were the one doing that. I was just saying that you can't piss in public.

Zophos

Expert Member
1. Take Shot left at wrecking the economy.
2. Gooi a doughnut at "we are all going to die" street
3. Throw a "Bring en Braai" at Open the economy...with social distancing and all

Maybe?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
If you just take a look around you then its easy to see the lockdown has ended.
People have a limited attention span and this has gone on too long.

Add the need to earn income to that and most people have started working again, regardless of whether some politician thinks about it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nope, I'm over 55 and diabetic. Guess what ? Some companies will force you to work in an office environment. So that rule could stay in the regulations.
Surely they can make it optional for over 55s with diabetes, or whatever the medical condition is? Some self employed over 55s with diabetes might welcome the opportunity to earn an income once again.