What does a lockdown mean for residential complexes?

Iwojima

Expert Member
You don't need to make it clear. Who do you think you are?

Just stay quiet and report it.
I'm not bothered if they know it's me.

My neighbours are an elderly couple. The husband is constantly on an oxygen machine for a heart condition and the wife has the early stages of Alzheimer's who loves nothing more that to work in her little garden. I'll be damned if I'm going to let some c*nt who has never set foot in the estate common grounds who now feels the need to mill around (because they've been told they can't) jeopardize either one of them.

Azg

Expert Member
I'm not bothered if they know it's me.

My neighbours are an elderly couple. The husband is constantly on an oxygen machine for a heart condition and the wife has the early stages of Alzheimer's who loves nothing more that to work in her little garden. I'll be damned if I'm going to let some c*nt who has never set foot in the estate common grounds who now feels the need to mill around (because they've been told they can't) jeopardize either one of them.
If the elderly couple are in their apartment how does someone walking in the common grounds jeopardise the elderly couple?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If the elderly couple are in their apartment how does someone walking in the common grounds jeopardise the elderly couple?
She is in her garden working, and some infected twat walks in the common area outside and cough, the droplets can travel a few meters relatively easily.

R13...

Honorary Master
My estate has individuals who still do not seem to want to comply and the body corporate has not taken a strong position. I've made it very clear on our Whatapp group that I'll report anyone who I see walking around my property. It's the principle of the matter.
So, we'll be denouncing each other like the kids of 1984. Ingsoc.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Not an apartment. Separate, low walled premises with their own gardens. Common areas are the roads/paving/grass bordering each plot which would be used by those wanting to "go for a walk/walk their dogs/allow their kids to ride bikes".

Granted I do believe the risk is fairly low, but it is a risk that does not need to be tolerated for the sake of a few people who simply want to buck the system.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Its very annoying, the government has not made this clear at all. The way I see it is that you stay within your 4 walls, but 'your residence' is such a poorly defined term.
I think it's clear. If you share facilities, follow strict hygiene regime.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
My estate has individuals who still do not seem to want to comply and the body corporate has not taken a strong position. I've made it very clear on our Whatapp group that I'll report anyone who I see walking around my property. It's the principle of the matter.
Same here. I still see a bunch of kids playing football/rugby/cricket or riding bikes in groups.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I received a general email yesterday that said you either stay put for remainder of April and pay rent, or you find a way to move out before the lockdown today. Sucks for those who might end up paying April's rent at two places!
I have to move out, got a little (not so little) salary cut and can not afford to pay rent anymore from end April. Luckily I have good friends that will take me in.

Everyone I know that has a house bond has applied for a 3 month exception or whatever it's called, renters are not so lucky

Issue is I will probably loose my R30 000 deposit

Sylvesta

Lol its awesome to see some simply talking in black and white, I can't wait to hear those same people talking about their relationships and mental health going down the drain because the stayed in their 4 walls, not walking in their own garden because someone "might" cough on them for 21 days ;)

Iwojima

Expert Member
Please note from Bheki Cele this morning:

So whos right?
Really wish they'd pick a stance and stick with it.

Considering it is the latest info to come out I guess we go with the above. Don't agree with it, but that's the instruction I guess.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
It just goes to show how little of the grey matter is truly used by most people.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I have to move out, got a little (not so little) salary cut and can not afford to pay rent anymore from end April. Luckily I have good friends that will take me in.

Everyone I know that has a house bond has applied for a 3 month exception or whatever it's called, renters are not so lucky

Issue is I will probably loose my R30 000 deposit
:eek:
All the best man

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's all I have been trying to say the whole ****ing time.
There is a difference between having someone tell you that the concept of residence is ambiguous (which it isn't in this regard) and having our Police Minister and other government spokespeople muddying the waters by sending conflicting messages all the bloody time.