What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

I just finished Hogwarts last night. I agree with many of your points but I think that Hogwarts works well because of the casual nature of it. It is a game that beautifully recreates Hogwarts castle and places like the forbidden forest and hogsmeade is also done very well. Apart from those areas the rest of the map feels a little copy and paste to generate a big open area and yes the enemies could be more varied. By the time you get halfway through the game you have encountered pretty much all there is to fight. I actually enjoyed the combat although you only ever really use 5-6 spells the rest not so much (more for puzzle solving) so yes combat does get repetitive towards the end. Looting is a big after thought in this game and really is just gold farming and by 1/2 through you don't really need money anymore.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are a Potter fan, this is the game that really delivers ito fan service.
If you are a hardened RPG'r and not particularly a potter fan, then yes this game will not keep you hooked for too long.

My hope is that these developers take another loved franchise and do something similar.

Also enjoyed it, but only did the main quests and a couple of sides based on spell rewards.

If you follow all the sidequests and collections you will get burnout pretty fast. <-- loads of padding.

Also enjoyed it, but only did the main quests and a couple of sides based on spell rewards.

If you follow all the sidequests and collections you will get burnout pretty fast. <-- loads of padding.

Agreed, 3/4 through I just focused on getting through the main quests. Even with some side quests I clocked in 50 hours.

Agreed, 3/4 through I just focused on getting through the main quests. Even with some side quests I clocked in 50 hours.

I finished in 46 :D

My wife on the other hand has clocked over 120 and collecting everything. <-- Also a Potter fan

It is still early access, there is a few bugs I have encountered, but not game breaking, personally I am enjoying it. I love the crafting mechanic and animations

Been alternating between the Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us pt. 1 and random VR games for PSVR2. Horizon Call of the Mountain is amazing but I do find it best in small chunks when I'm feeling tired. No Man's Sky and the Kayak game are ideal when you want a chill VR experience. It's kind of mindblowing standing in the cockpit of your NMS spaceship and having a planet or open space around you. The VR details they've added are pretty much photorealistic.

Who's playing Returnal? Only other time I felt like putting a keyboard through the pc screen was when I played Elden Ring! Also never finished that even though I came close.

Who's playing Returnal? Only other time I felt like putting a keyboard through the pc screen was when I played Elden Ring! Also never finished that even though I came close.
:ROFL:

Man, that was one of my hardest platinum trophies ever!

Horizon Forbidden West.

There's just something about this series of games that I love; coming from Ghost of Tsushima which was also great and far better in terms of the cut-scenes dialogue and animations but I'd duck from the seemingly endless number of villagers needing help, in Forbidden West I'm doing every side mission I can find.

Horizon Forbidden West.

There's just something about this series of games that I love; coming from Ghost of Tsushima which was also great and far better in terms of the cut-scenes dialogue and animations but I'd duck from the seemingly endless number of villagers needing help, in Forbidden West I'm doing every side mission I can find.

Enjoy. Its a gorgeous looking game. Probably the best looking game on the PS5 imo.

Reactions: SHL
Because of a delayed game delivery I only got a copy of Wu Long FD today, will be jamming that. Anyone on here playing it? How are you finding it? I resisted the urge to play the demo because I knew I had pre-ordered already as I love me some nioh, team ninja games

Because of a delayed game delivery I only got a copy of Wu Long FD today, will be jamming that. Anyone on here playing it? How are you finding it? I resisted the urge to play the demo because I knew I had pre-ordered already as I love me some nioh, team ninja games

Yea, I've played a good bit. I'm liking it, but it's a step back from Nioh2 for me in some ways. Nioh2 just had an unbelievable charm to it, hard to describe. I think Wo Long might get there though, with some QoL updates, patches and DLC.

I haven't played it myself yet either (busy with Witcher 3 and Hogwarts Legacy, lol), but it's installed and ready.

I enjoyed Kena - fun world. Scratched the Ori itch for me.

Ghost of Tsushima (DC) is on PS Plus - why would you buy it?
I might have to check again, last time I saw that, it wasn't the actual DC, it just installed the PS5 version of the standard game. The Director's Cut still showed that I had to pay R300 some odd. Maybe it's for the Deluxe PS Plus subscription that you're seeing? I'm on Extra.

Oh its better than.

Same gameplay & story flow but in a bigger arena. Personally loooved it, cant wait for the PS5 only DLC.
So I literally started playing it last night... went performance mode (1080p at 60fps). Going well so far, seems I played the prologue missions (with the shuttle) before loadshedding started. I'll find a gap to carry on with it this evening.

Back