What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

BasBas

Playing quite a niche game called Airlinesim . Goal of the game is to manage a simulated airline. Its the most realistic sim of its type and runs in real time (1 hour in game is an hour in real life) so it takes a lot of patience to play.

Current airline i am operating is Arizona Wings have been playing for about two months now. I chose Phoenix as my hub after failing twice to create a successful airline in South Africa. RSA presents a nice challenge and my goal is for my next airline to be based there.

Here is my current route map and fleet.

Would thoroughly recommend Airlinesim for people who like slow paced long term strategy games.
1629721307399.png

1629721399325.png

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Playing quite a niche game called Airlinesim . Goal of the game is to manage a simulated airline. Its the most realistic sim of its type and runs in real time (1 hour in game is an hour in real life) so it takes a lot of patience to play.

Current airline i am operating is Arizona Wings have been playing for about two months now. I chose Phoenix as my hub after failing twice to create a successful airline in South Africa. RSA presents a nice challenge and my goal is for my next airline to be based there.

Here is my current route map and fleet.

Would thoroughly recommend Airlinesim for people who like slow paced long term strategy games.

He thinks its a game.... Hahahahaha.....

PS: You not playing a game, you training AI.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Started the Ghost Of Tsushima Directors Cut this weekend. Damn those pesky Mongols. especially those archers when I run out of arrows :laugh:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Started the Ghost Of Tsushima Directors Cut this weekend. Damn those pesky Mongols. especially those archers when I run out of arrows :laugh:

As GPJohn might say, "doge, doge, doge" :)

PS - they actually shout out before they let fly, so it becomes very easy to dodge their arrows. Just roll out of the way.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Damn would be nice if i got payed then
Maybe after you learn how to spell "paid". :)

Of course, me being a grammar Nazi means I am going to make an oopsy myself soon and have tasty humble pie to eat. That's the way it works. Karma, neh.

BasBas

Maybe after you learn how to spell "paid". :)

Of course, me being a grammar Nazi means I am going to make an oopsy myself soon and have tasty humble pie to eat. That's the way it works. Karma, neh.
Go read my post again, I do not know what you are talking about.
1629727452875.png

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
As GPJohn might say, "doge, doge, doge" :)

PS - they actually shout out before they let fly, so it becomes very easy to dodge their arrows. Just roll out of the way.
1629727913750.png

I don't want to dodge arrows when I'm trying to fight guys with swords and spears. Obviously I'll just have to craft stuff so I can carry more arrows and hopefully be able to craft on the fly at some point? Very new to the game so maybe I just skipped the arrow crafting tutorial or something.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
View attachment 1132496

I don't want to dodge arrows when I'm trying to fight guys with swords and spears. Obviously I'll just have to craft stuff so I can carry more spears and hopefully be able to craft on the fly at some point? Very new to the game so maybe I just skipped the arrow crafting tutorial or something.

I found dodging/rolling to be most beneficial in all encounters - otherwise I would have been toast! Then again, I'm not the worlds greatest gamer. But just explore and enjoy the game, and play how most comfortable you feel.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I just finished my 3rd playthrough of Nier: Automata, and wow, what a game. In the first 10 or so hours, I couldn't really put my finger on why I enjoyed it so much. It's not the gameplay, which is good but not amazing, the story was just getting started and the characters were OK. However, I think the music just brought it all together. When running towards your flight unit, dodging explosions and the epic orchestral score playing... it was just SO GOOD. It somehow gave me a slight Evangelion feeling.

Now I'm done with it, I got endings ABCDE.GH..K...T, and 44/60 quests. The game is nice enough that it tells you how many quests you have in each chapter, and you can jump to that chapter to go and do it. Since I feel I need more, I'm now going and playing the quests I missed.
There's some stuff in the archive I missed as well, but will go and look that up online.

The combat became a bit easy as I was over-leveled, but it didn't bother me too much. I could have upped the difficulty, but didn't feel I have to to have fun. Maybe if I play it again I'll play on hard.
I played it after the infamous "steam patch", so got HDR and 4K textures.

It wasn't a game I really felt I needed to play, until I watched this review:

What a game, and what a soundtrack.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I just finished my 3rd playthrough of Nier: Automata, and wow, what a game. In the first 10 or so hours, I couldn't really put my finger on why I enjoyed it so much. It's not the gameplay, which is good but not amazing, the story was just getting started and the characters were OK. However, I think the music just brought it all together. When running towards your flight unit, dodging explosions and the epic orchestral score playing... it was just SO GOOD. It somehow gave me a slight Evangelion feeling.

Now I'm done with it, I got endings ABCDE.GH..K...T, and 44/60 quests. The game is nice enough that it tells you how many quests you have in each chapter, and you can jump to that chapter to go and do it. Since I feel I need more, I'm now going and playing the quests I missed.
There's some stuff in the archive I missed as well, but will go and look that up online.

The combat became a bit easy as I was over-leveled, but it didn't bother me too much. I could have upped the difficulty, but didn't feel I have to to have fun. Maybe if I play it again I'll play on hard.

Heard a lot of good things about it, but just can't bring myself to start playing it.

I really don't like anything that looks like Japanese anime and feel it would distract me from anything good about the game...

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

Now I'm going to have to try this out - Ori did this to me too - the music just added so much that I couldn't put it down

_kabal_

Expert Member

The music is great.

It’s awesome how they made a world so devoid of humans feel so human.

A2 was also hot AF :ROFL:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Things have gone quiet on Hades. I take it you all have managed to escape?

PS - I haven't....