What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

wbot

Executive Member
If there's ships in an AC game, I won't play it. That's what killed it for me and made me lose interest in the series...
I'm not a fan either. Black Flag made me stop playing the series for years and now Odyssey. But even on land I don't like either of them.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Nice! Wouldn't mind doing that as well. Would have to be careful of burnout though :) presume you're playing on PC?
Did AC, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations on PS3, have up to Black Flag on PS3 but Microsoft added FPS boost (60 FPS) to the AC Games games so planning to do 3 Remastered onwards on Xbox.

I have some on PC but PC is what killed the series for me... AC I think is a pure console game, well for me it is.

They all already installed, ready to go :D

But like you said dont wanna kill it so taking my time...

Attachments

• 1630942168988.png
    1630942168988.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I've loved all the ACs (that I've played) so far. I only played the first one when it came out and didn't play any others until many, many years later.

Randomly decided to play Origins, then Odyssey, and then went back and played 1 again, then 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and III, then Valhalla when it came out. Still need to play Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate.

Strangely enough, III is the one I tired of the fastest, despite liking the setting.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
I've loved all the ACs (that I've played) so far. I only played the first one when it came out and didn't play any others until many, many years later.

Randomly decided to play Origins, then Odyssey, and then went back and played 1 again, then 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and III, then Valhalla when it came out. Still need to play Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate.

Strangely enough, III is the one I tired of the fastest, despite liking the setting.

The reviews I have seen/read says 3 has a slow start. I did try it waaay back on launch on PC but lost interest fast. (Cause it wasn't like the ones before it).

Its that same "slow start" that made me put off the venture to continue the saga till I have proper time to play it. For now too busy to give it time it deserves so playing other short/fast games.

wbot

Executive Member

I didn't like Syndicate much at first but I actually think it's now my favourite in the series. Loads of fun and London and the overall atmosphere is amazing. Unity and II are close seconds.

Rogue is very forgettable but is like a long intro for Unity almost.

III for me is one of the worst. Very boring but I like it a bit more than Black Flag.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Psychonauts 2 gives me motion sickness.

10 minutes and then I feel incredibly nauseous

So far every game I've played built with the Unreal engine has this effect on me.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Found Warlords Battlecry III on Steam yesterday for 65 bux, lekker playing this classic again from 17 years ago

Warlords Battlecry III Q&A - GameSpot

wbot

Executive Member
Psychonauts 2 gives me motion sickness.

10 minutes and then I feel incredibly nauseous

So far every game I've played built with the Unreal engine has this effect on me.
That sucks. I don't have the game yet but found this on their website. Check the camera shake intensity setting maybe?

• Camera shake intensity - change camera shake for those sensitive to motion sickness

Also try turning off stuff like motion blur etc if there are settings like that.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
That sucks. I don't have the game yet but found this on their website. Check the camera shake intensity setting maybe?

Also try turning off stuff like motion blur etc if there are settings like that.
Ta for the tips but I already have so many unfinished games that it's not worth the bother :p

Cius

Executive Member
New DLC for Surviving Mars is out today. Looks fun actually. Above and Beyond.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Not sure how I missed this but I just found out that Ghost of Tsushima may be making it's way to PC

Well now!

If true, I'll definitely I'll wait for that to land

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Not sure how I missed this but I just found out that Ghost of Tsushima may be making it's way to PC

Well now!

If true, I'll definitely I'll wait for that to land

Worth it... even better if its the directors cut.
Its my GoTY for 2020 :)

/duck

Currently playing random from a 8000+ strong list in Batocera

Lupus

Honorary Master
Assassins Creed Origins.. late to the party I know but was running cheap on PS Store and thought I would give the series a go again (wheels fell off with it imo).
I'm still on Unity so you're quite a bit ahead of me

Lupus

Honorary Master
I didn't like Syndicate much at first but I actually think it's now my favourite in the series. Loads of fun and London and the overall atmosphere is amazing. Unity and II are close seconds.

Rogue is very forgettable but is like a long intro for Unity almost.

III for me is one of the worst. Very boring but I like it a bit more than Black Flag.
Couldn't get into Rogue, was like a lite version of 4 but with some 3 thrown in. I had just finished 3 and 4, have had a 3 year break and only started unity now that it runs at 60fps and looks good.

bridgeburner

I'm still on Unity so you're quite a bit ahead of me
I've only 'properly' played 1, 2, 3, Brotherhood & Revelations ages ago. Then took a break from the series. Randomly bought Syndicate a couple years ago. Loved the recreation of London but absolutely despised the combat so gave up. There was just something off about it. Now I've got Origins which I'm actually enjoying so far