What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Aaargh why do I have to choose between this and Psychonauts 2?? And Metroid Dread coming next month as well and I haven't even beaten Skyward Sword because the ending is unnecessarily prolonged with recycled environments.
Don't have to choose, just schedule them one after the other... :)

But, Deathloop strikes me as something you can jump in and out of, doing a loop at a time.

konfab

Honorary Master
Did that too in one of my playthroughs, and Kaiden is not any better.

He must be the most boring character in the trilogy, who suddenly wants to be gay with you after giving you all that crap about working with Cerberus. At least Ashley had character.

I would have let them both die if I could...
If you are a renegade femshep, you can pussy-whip him into being a xenophobe by romancing him and dropping human-nationalist redpills.

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
For all intents and purposes I've just finish Immortals Fenyx Rising. Just a few vaults etc to do.

Started slow but ended well. Definitely no BoTW but a good time still.

Busy scouring the eShop deals for a bargain

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anybody else excited about Age Of Empires IV getting released later next month?

Super excited.

Technical Stress test this weekend. Free for everyone.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Did that too in one of my playthroughs, and Kaiden is not any better.

He must be the most boring character in the trilogy, who suddenly wants to be gay with you after giving you all that crap about working with Cerberus. At least Ashley had character.

I would have let them both die if I could...
I ended up shooting him in ME3:LE on the Citadel. Couldn't handle it anymore. Took the Renegade option instead.
At the end of the day I should probably have let Ashley live.

cerebus

Honorary Master
For all intents and purposes I've just finish Immortals Fenyx Rising. Just a few vaults etc to do.

Started slow but ended well. Definitely no BoTW but a good time still.

Busy scouring the eShop deals for a bargain

Eastward looks really cool

Forum Reader

Started Genshin Impact a few weeks ago. Not sure why I waited so long to play it. Already 100% all maps and finished all quests. Just have a few story missions left that unlock with keys from daily missions so that will take a while.

In terms of gameplay and exploration, I actually rate it as good as or better than Zelda BOTW. Combat is done really well. Only issue is once you've done everything the game has to offer, after about say 200 hours, there is not much left to do except for daily missions and using resin which takes less than an hour a day. So once you reach that point, it takes forever to progress and level up new characters because you no longer have missions to get rewards from.

Last edited:

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Started Genshin Impact a few weeks ago. Not sure why I waited so long to play it. Already 100% all maps and finished all quests. Just have a few story missions left that unlock with keys from daily missions so that will take a while.

In terms of gameplay and exploration, I actually rate it as good as or better than Zelda BOTW. Combat is done really well. Only issue is once you've done everything the game has to offer, after about say 200 hours, there is not much left to do except for daily missions and using resin which takes less than an hour a day. So once you reach that point, it takes forever to progress and level up new characters because you no longer have missions to get rewards from.

I gave you a very reluctant like.

WTF do people still want to do in a game that they've completed, and sunk 200 hours into?

After about 100 hours it's almost always a negative if a game still wants me to do stuff, with some very few exceptions. I hate artificially inflated play times. 30 - 60 hours is usually the sweet spot for a great game.
Want me to skin 5 tigers so that I can craft a wallet to hold $2000 more? GTFO.

Forum Reader

I gave you a very reluctant like.

WTF do people still want to do in a game that they've completed, and sunk 200 hours into?

After about 100 hours it's almost always a negative if a game still wants me to do stuff, with some very few exceptions. I hate artificially inflated play times. 30 - 60 hours is usually the sweet spot for a great game.
Want me to skin 5 tigers so that I can craft a wallet to hold $2000 more? GTFO.

You can level up other characters, improve gear, get more powerful, etc. They all play quite differently so it's not like you are doing the same thing. If it wasn't for the different characters and skills/equipment, etc. then yes, it would be over once doing everything.

The exploring and combat didn't feel like a chore for those 200 hours so it's signs of a decent game.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
You can level up other characters, improve gear, get more powerful, etc. They all play quite differently so it's not like you are doing the same thing. If it wasn't for the different characters and skills/equipment, etc. then yes, it would be over once doing everything.

The exploring and combat didn't feel like a chore for those 200 hours so it's signs of a decent game.
Isn't it possible to just start a new game to level up another character?

I too don't like games that drag on for too long. Unless it's something like The Division, where your campaign character sort of carries on into the online modes, which is where you sink most of your time into...

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
...I see Chaos Bane is on special (steam) again. Offer ends 20 September.

edit:
Also Partisans 1941. Offer ends 23 September.