What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

Forum Reader

Isn't it possible to just start a new game to level up another character?

I too don't like games that drag on for too long. Unless it's something like The Division, where your campaign character sort of carries on into the online modes, which is where you sink most of your time into...

You get a bunch of characters that are unlocked during the story and find other random ones with the loot boxes you open. So you unlock several characters by just playing the game but these are generally weaker than the random ones you find. You'll get more characters that you can level up so you have to choose a core team of 4 and focus on them first.

There are also different tiers of gear you can use with different stats which are RNG drops. Gear gives you like half or more of your power so you'd lose out on all that if starting a new account. Also better stuff drops if you're a higher level. I'm at adventure rank 48 at the moment. The really good stuff mainly starts dropping at adventure rank 45. So playing at a higher level is much more efficient at gearing up new characters.

The Co-Op is quite nice. It's the first non-board game I'm playing online with my siblings. Partying up twice a week to kill some weekly bosses together is fun.

HerZeLeiD

CoD Vanguard open beta. And as expected, it looks and plays like a game predating BF3 and the only people using voip are annoying console plebs. It's also one of those games where someone can run up right behind you and you won't hear them.

Last edited:

animal531

Expert Member
Jetpac. Atic Atac. Manic Miner. Knight Lore. Sabre Wulfe. Underwurlde. Lunar Jetman. Terror Daktil. Pharaoh's Tomb. Adventure A. Circus. The Hobbit. Hungry Horace.

Old-schooler! I'm currently making a remake of Digger 1982/3, albeit with some more modern mechanics.

wbot

Executive Member
p2.jpg

Only played the opening level so far and it is amazing. Super creative level design too like the first game and love the improved combat. Already the best game I've played all year.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Age Of Empires IV last night for about 2 to 3 hours
It's nice but I wouldn't pay for it
Nothing special

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Totally, in fact going "/age" back in 2012 gave me 7800 hours... also the reason I went WTF... and quit. I'm now 9 years clean.... not that I learned anything:
View attachment 1149970

We wont mention my hours clocked in other games like Guild Wars 2, Borderlands and so on :D
Kak stats, so you basically average over 82 hours game play to achieve each achievement.
Are you passing out drunk at your desk with the game still in play?

Lupus

Honorary Master
So finished off AC Unity which actually ran well and looked good on the SX. Fired up Syndicate... Yeah it felt old and stale, I mean it runs at a steady 30fps, which is now slow and the Auto HDR is buggered like crazy. The other thing why does UBISoft keep changing the controls for every iteration of AC?

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Only played the opening level so far and it is amazing. Super creative level design too like the first game and love the improved combat. Already the best game I've played all year.

Tried playing that last night.... needless to say 30 min's in it was uninstalled...
Not my "cup of tee"

Solitude

Executive Member
I just finished Twelve Minutes. It's one of those games that's perfect for Game Pass. In that I would have been very unhappy had I bought it but I'm glad that I got to play it. It's hell of a frustrating without a walkthrough and once I started using a walkthrough I enjoyed it more. The ending is quite interesting but the game leading up to it could have been much better.

Now I'm playing:
Humankind - PC
Greedfall - XBox

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Luckily I have no such issues. Loving the game
Seems to be an Unreal Engine thing for me - every game I've tried that is built with that engine gives me horrible motion sickness.

Back on topic, I've been so busy playing around with home automation in the last two weeks that I haven't had the time to play any of my current games (all of which I enjoyed playing - Hades, Nier Automata, The Ascent, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hearthstone) - thank goodness I finished my D3 Season Journey back when the new season dropped and now D2:Res is about to drop....

Eish