What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Torchlight 3 on Xbox

Finished 2 on Friday and hopped on over to no 3. It plays very different from the other 2, then again must be the class I am playing cause I opted for the Automoton. Slower paced

Could also be cause I hopped straight from a top level character to lvl 1...
It's pretty crap, unfortunately. I'm a big fan of the first two, but the 3rd one was just dialed in.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
It's pretty crap, unfortunately. I'm a big fan of the first two, but the 3rd one was just dialed in.

I kinda lost my urge to play last night when I lost 2 levels.

Was playing local, single player and network went down, game said "failed to connect" and bombed. Logged back in and my toon dropped from Lvl 17 -> 15 and no active quests :(

Went f it and switched to Netflix....

Anyhow, Ratchet & Clank Rift apart is downloading on the PS5 so will probably fire that up tonight. Might go back to Torchlight 3 later on or might not... will see.

Demented!

Had it for a while now... but finally got Rift apart. :)

My Brother said I should play R&C (PS4) 1st before rift apart... kinda re-cap 1st?
If you have not played Ps4 R&C then yes start with that , its so awesome & will make the anticipation for rift apart even that much better. however you can tackle the games independently without missing out anything substantial story wise. my advice , if you not impatient , play R&C Ps4 first, which you should have done a while back anyways if you had the console i.e.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
If you have not played Ps4 R&C then yes start with that , its so awesome & will make the anticipation for rift apart even that much better. however you can tackle the games independently without missing out anything substantial story wise. my advice , if you not impatient , play R&C Ps4 first, which you should have done a while back anyways if you had the console i.e.

I played the original trilogy way back then. Started the PS4 version last year and went.... but but I have been here and quit after saving the rangers (At the start). Hence why I ask?

JohnMao

Executive Member
Well, C&C Remastered...never played the games before, although I do remember copying them across at LANs. Graphics for the time when it came out must have been horrible as they were pixalated.
BUT...press SPACE and hey presto! Remastered graphics. Still getting to grips with it, and it hasn't grabbed me like Starcraft and D2 did, but it's decent so will play through.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Well, C&C Remastered...never played the games before, although I do remember copying them across at LANs. Graphics for the time when it came out must have been horrible as they were pixalated.
BUT...press SPACE and hey presto! Remastered graphics. Still getting to grips with it, and it hasn't grabbed me like Starcraft and D2 did, but it's decent so will play through.

You shut your whore mouth!

The graphics of C&C 1 was AMAZING at the time. The realism of the water blew me away.
Remember, the RTS games that came before it were Dune 2 and WarCraft: Orcs and Humans

1633443288367.png

1633443262690.png

Compare that to the majesty that was the original Command and Conquer:
1633443444699.png

JohnMao

Executive Member
You shut your whore mouth!

The graphics of C&C 1 was AMAZING at the time. The realism of the water blew me away.
Remember, the RTS games that came before it were Dune 2 and WarCraft: Orcs and Humans

View attachment 1160520

View attachment 1160518

Compare that to the majesty that was the original Command and Conquer:
View attachment 1160524
I liked Dune 2. At the end of the day, Starcraft & Diablo 2 (then a bit of 1) grabbed my attention and I played those for a long time.

Splinter

Honorary Master

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
After a long break I tried "Last Epoch" again and wow they have done an great job. The whole campaign has changed, maps are just better and mobs are posing some serious challenge. The new Rogue class is great.

For a single player adventure I highly recommend and you should get 100+ hours. Unfortunately multi-player is still on its way but when it arrives I think you could get 250+ hours out of the game easily.

Can't wait for this game to be fully released.

wbot

Executive Member
Finished Psychonauts 2, my game of the year. Can't think of anything else still coming that can beat it. It's not perfect though. Like it was maybe just a little too easy, but still great fun. Brilliant level design and boss fights.

Now I've run out of games to play haha so will probably just fire up something really old

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Enjoying Far Cry 6. Loads of fun. Typical Far Cry game thou, with slight changes to the mechanics.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
About an hour into Far Cry 6 and yep, its your typical Far Cry but more importantly, its your typical Ubisoft installment.

wbot

Executive Member
Last Far Cry I played was 4. Lost interest in the series just like Assassins Creed

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
Is it just me or are the games becoming... well a bit tiresome, nothing really stands out, makes me (at least) want to or absolutely HAVE to get it.

It's like I'm transitioning into that area where it makes more sense to just buy on sales, stuff like Horizon Zero dawn, Squadron etc.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
For you, is this a positive or a negative?
I'm kinda indifferent when it comes to Ubisoft games. I'll play Assassin's Creed, The Division . . . Ghost Recon, because, its something to play. Neither hate nor love their games.

Speaking of which . . . no Assassin's Creed this year? :unsure: