What game are you playing now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Decided to get Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Its very similar to Origins with some minor improvements to the battle system.

Origins was massive, Oddesy is twice that size, lots more pieces of Eden and first civ temples, and the game world is photo real at times, I've spent 60+ hours and Im only 70% done, lvl 46 with a straight warrior build.

Btw, ubisoft hid the gods in the world, I've found haephestus, and I'm pretty sure Barnabas is either Poseidon or Zeus.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Origins was massive, Oddesy is twice that size, lots more pieces of Eden and first civ temples, and the game world is photo real at times, I've spent 60+ hours and Im only 70% done, lvl 46 with a straight warrior build.

Btw, ubisoft hid the gods in the world, I've found haephestus, and I'm pretty sure Barnabas is either Poseidon or Zeus.

It certainly is huge! I get overwhelmed at times.

As for the Gods in the open world, I never knew that. Thanks, I'll try and look out for them.

Cray

Honorary Master
Origins was massive, Oddesy is twice that size, lots more pieces of Eden and first civ temples,

If there is anything that needs to be shot into the sun it's that part of the game, the whole animus & Eden thing is pointless...

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
If there is anything that needs to be shot into the sun it's that part of the game, the whole animus & Eden thing is pointless...

You cannot remove the pieces of Eden.
They are the central point of the entire franchise. Remove them and you remove the Templar's motivation and the Assassins' need to stop the Templar.
No pieces of Eden, no Assassin's Creed games. Definitely not 'pointless'

The Animus and Abstergo can definitely go though.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
All 'bad guys' need motivation.
In this franchise that motivation is changing the world using these pieces of Eden artifacts.
It is actually one of the stronger and interesting narratives in the entire franchise.
In almost every game there is no definitive answer to 'are the templar / bad guys evil', because of the things they do to get the pieces of Eden but their overall plans when finding the pieces are normally for the greater good of humanity.
It is a narrative they wrote extremely well up until Origins arrived. My only issue with Origins is that it is a typical revenge story. There was nothing interesting about the main quest line. In fact, I can barely remember what it was about. That's how lame it was.

Cray

Honorary Master
All 'bad guys' need motivation.
In this franchise that motivation is changing the world using these pieces of Eden artifacts.
It is actually one of the stronger and interesting narratives in the entire franchise.
In almost every game there is no definitive answer to 'are the templar / bad guys evil', because of the things they do to get the pieces of Eden but their overall plans when finding the pieces are normally for the greater good of humanity.
It is a narrative they wrote extremely well up until Origins arrived. My only issue with Origins is that it is a typical revenge story. There was nothing interesting about the main quest line. In fact, I can barely remember what it was about. That's how lame it was.

I guess people play it for different reasons, I have never really found the storytelling particularly compelling in any of the games, for me the star has always been the recreation of ancient cities and eras.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I guess people play it for different reasons, I have never really found the storytelling particularly compelling in any of the games, for me the star has always been the recreation of ancient cities and eras.

Most definitely. I am not defending the abstergo arc. I hate it just as much. I am talking about the pieces of Eden that is used as the motivator for everything that happens. You can keep the pieces of Eden without the animus.

Problem is they started the animus idea with the original game and at the time is was a interesting idea. Memories through DNA? Gripping stuff. They couldn't just drop the idea, because it started so strong. Only a complete reboot can cut that out completely.

Which is where Origins failed. Was their chance to remove Abstergo and the animus. They decided to keep that arc for no clear reason

John_Phoenix

Expert Member

Modern day can find the dark end of a black hole. Darby really fu**ed up modern day.

What would really get me hyped is playing as a first civ character, maybe not one of the big 3, but to walking around in their world, with all 6 senses would be trippy af.

Ac has one problem, it's greatest strength is also what makes it played out. The fact that you jump around in history, detaches you from the localised story, and the overarching story is so convoluted it hurts.

Last edited:

Quicks

Expert Member
Nier automata.

Have to finish the game atleast 3 times to get the full story.

Played through one's still another two to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.