What game are you playing now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure

A classic point & click adventure. I like it, but it is hardly challenging. The humour is tops.

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
I have been playing Legendary: Game of Heroes on Android daily since November 2018. I joined a guild based in New Zealand because I did not expect there to be any South African guilds. I was wrong.

Hectic

Executive Member
COD Modern Warfare
I also downloaded Warzone lastnight as part of COD, although it is a Free to play standalone as well, even if you don't have COD. It is a Battle Royale thingy. Have played the initial training stage, but could not find an server for an actual online game. Maybe the online is not available yet. I think COD owners got an early release.

Still playing the occasional The Division.

Call of Cthulhu I play after I had enough humiliation of kids 45 years younger than I am.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Ori and the Will of the Wisps is getting great reviews

Hope they decide to port to Switch. I may just get it for PC though.

Eniigma

Expert Member
I finally gave up my farming after a surpisingly long time.

Moved on to some Elite Dangerous and Arma 3 last weekend.

DarkImpact

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is getting great reviews

Hope they decide to port to Switch. I may just get it for PC though.

It is R175 on Steam. Seems like an error but maybe it is so cheap because it is available on Xbox Game Pass. Would've liked to try it out tonight but have loadshedding.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The first one is still priced at R220 but yeah, maybe the game pass thing.

The regional price, it is $29.99 in the US, but many older titles pre-2016 I believe are priced outside the change.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is $19.99

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Third-party sellers usually source the CIS regional titles which they sell globally, but it is $12.59, best to support the developer directly. I see CIS prices have gone up a lot nowadays, the developers and publishers are combating the grey market.

Cray

Honorary Master
Sad that only a handful of people will actually play it.
If it means Valve actually re-starts making other games in the franchise then I am all for it. Just hope they don't take a lack of sales to mean people aren't interested in the universe. I Would love to play it, am not dropping cash on hardware for one game though and I think many people feel the same.

Cray

Honorary Master
Sad that everyone is whining because someone finally put a proper franchise into VR
No issue with a franchise in VR, but people have been wanting a new game in the Half-Life universe for years and making it VR only puts a massive barrier in the way of a lot of people enjoying the new content.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No issue with a franchise in VR, but people have been wanting a new game in the Half-Life universe for years and making it VR only puts a massive barrier in the way of a lot of people enjoying the new content.
Valve sold +100 000 Index units alone in the 4th quarter of 2019 after the game was announced, then they ran out of stock. Apparently new Index shipments came in at the end of last month with the slow pickup in China after the Chinese New Year and contagion. This is mainly for the US.

Add Facebook, HTC, etc. This game boosted VR sales, tremendously.

I read now that new orders placed now for the Index will only be received by May or at the end of May.

cerebus

Honorary Master

I know, I don’t have VR so it’s a barrier for me too. But it anything can sell me on getting VR it’s this. The point is, it being in VR allows them to do things you just can’t do in a normal PC game. And VR also needs a system-seller like this to help it break into the mainstream

Cray

Honorary Master
Valve sold +100 000 Index units alone in the 4th quarter of 2019 after the game was announced, then they ran out of stock. Apparently new Index shipments came in at the end of last month with the slow pickup in China after the Chinese New Year and contagion. This is mainly for the US.

I read now that new orders placed now for the Index will only be received by May or at the end of May.

Am sure plenty of people will experience it but I also think a ton of people, who played the first two half life games won't due to the hardware barrier. Even If I earned a first world currency I would be hard-pressed to justify buying a headset for one game...

Is there any other game that I could play to justify the purchase? I have heard good things about Elite Dangerous in VR and possibly the upcoming Flight Simulator from MS?

Cray

Honorary Master

Would also be nice if the Index was available in SA :(

Status
Not open for further replies.