What game are you playing now ?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Oh :laugh:

Doom Eternal - probably best and most fun single player FPS experience in a long time.
Half Life Alyx - every review out there says it's the best VR game ever and sets a new standard for VR - I absolutely agree. Amazing game but also helps to be a fan of the franchise. It was certainly worth the wait.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Finished Doom Eternal and Half Life Alyx since this lockdown started.

Need another FPS to play. Played pretty much all the mainstream ones and can't seem to find anything else worth playing right now. Black Mesa looks interesting - might give that a go
I’m about half way through Half Life Alyx but unfortunately my son has taken his PC back to his bedroom as his school started online lessons yesterday. I’ll convince him to bring it back to the lounge at the weekend :p

Otherwise, I tried Black Mesa but it’s just an exact remake of Half Life and I’d played through a few times years ago so it all seems samey to me. I ditched after an hour.

So onto Half Life 2. I haven’t had a play through for years and I’ve just gone through Route Kanal and it feels much fresher and more fun than the original/Black Mesa. Just brilliant.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Fallout 4 with compliments of XB Gamepass.
That games ending was annoying, not the same as others, my rebuilding of the wasteland not even mentioned.
I mean I built apartments, pubs with pool tables, I scrounged the wasteland for the pool balls and the triangle all for naught.

MEIOT

Expert Member
I’m about half way through Half Life Alyx but unfortunately my son has taken his PC back to his bedroom as his school started online lessons yesterday. I’ll convince him to bring it back to the lounge at the weekend :p

Otherwise, I tried Black Mesa but it’s just an exact remake of Half Life and I’d played through a few times years ago so it all seems samey to me. I ditched after an hour.

So onto Half Life 2. I haven’t had a play through for years and I’ve just gone through Route Kanal and it feels much fresher and more fun than the original/Black Mesa. Just brilliant.
Also ditched Black Mesa yesterday after trying it for about 30 minutes. Seemed too massive a step back and going backwards in terms of graphics and enjoyment seems pointless. Especially after HL:Alyx. The only issue I have with HL:Alyx is that it's sort of spoiled other flat screen FPS games for me, for now.

I absolutely loved Doom Eternal, but I'm glad I got to play that and clear that before taking on HL:Alyx.
I think there's going to be a ton of community based mods for Alyx - looking forward to that.

I'm giving Metro Exodus a go now. Never got around to it despite buying it when it released. It's mostly fun. Just need to shoot at shite to get me out this boredom funk.

Mekon

Quake 4. How far games have progressed since then.
I'm limited to what I can play because my GPU packed up. So onboard graphics doing the best they can till normality and I can get another graphics card.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Quake 4. How far games have progressed since then.
I'm limited to what I can play because my GPU packed up. So onboard graphics doing the best they can till normality and I can get another graphics card.
Quake 4 wasn't great unfortunately when it came out. Was clunky even than, pretty good looking for the time though.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Quake 4 wasn't great unfortunately when it came out. Was clunky even than, pretty good looking for the time though.
There's a few things on the web to improve it at least, but yea. Q2 replay (few months ago) was actually a lot better...

animal531

Expert Member

After that you go back to Portal 1/2.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
That games ending was annoying, not the same as others, my rebuilding of the wasteland not even mentioned.
I mean I built apartments, pubs with pool tables, I scrounged the wasteland for the pool balls and the triangle all for naught.
Hey don't spoilt it for me!! I guess now I know not to build pool halls!! :p

ponder

Honorary Master
Think I'll give Deus Ex: Mankind Divided a bash again.

Reinstalled Win10 today so I have a clean slate, only have csgo & gtav installed from backup.

NotOdin999

I was looking for something braindead to play, so I bought Bulletstorm. God, that game is dumb, but it's good fun. It feels very dated, though. The first hour or so was blighted by too many cutscenes. It felt like at least one for every 5 minutes of play. I thought, "Dammit, just let me play the damn game!" But after the tutorial bits are done, it gets a bit better. But it's super linear, and super on rails. Very much a previous-gen console creation. The extra graphical polish of the Full Clip Edition can't change that.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Endzone - A Word Apart

Only played for a couple of hours, good so far.
I am playing Surviving the Aftermath now and then which is likeable, but it still lacks sufficient content, and if you have played this game how does it compare to Endzone?