What game are you playing now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus07

You don't need an internet connection. Just need to be on the same network at home.

Latency over wifi is terrible, have one of those ethernet over power line adapters to my TV, works fine.

Controller or kb/m just needs to be connected to the device you using not on the pc once everything is setup.
I love Steam's in-home streaming!
I have a network cable connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 that is hidden behind the TV against the wall in the Living room. Nice minimalist setup and it runs great with Raspbian and the Linux Steam Link app.

I wish Microsoft had something like that for their gaming service. Had a free 3 months of Xbox game pass and the games just wouldn't seem to work with the control when I tried to play them using Steam link. Would have loved to play Ori & the Will of the Wisps in the living room. Such an amazing audio and visual experience.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Call of Cthulhu 2018, not bad for a side adventure coming it at R152.98 (previous sale). Hardly as bad as most negative reviews paint it to be...

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Too much latency for me. I ended up buying a 20 meter fiber hdmi cable and an active 20 meter usb for my xbox controller.
Do tell more about the USB cable. What type of cable would that be? And where do you get it? I already have HDMI from XB1 in lounge to bedroom. Just want to do the controller connection. Bluetooth out of range.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Do tell more about the USB cable. What type of cable would that be? And where do you get it? I already have HDMI from XB1 in lounge to bedroom. Just want to do the controller connection. Bluetooth out of range.
I'm using these devices running from my usb 3 port on pc

active usb cable:
usb3 hub (keyboard, mouse, controler, ...):

Then you have two options, plug the xb1 controller in via its charge and play cable, which is how I do souls nowadays to cut down on the BT latency or setup the BT adapter in the hub/cable end. Initial BT setup might be annoying as I did it via Teamviewer from my laptop to my main pc as you have to go through the pairing process, but once that was done it ran perfectly.

Which HMDI cable did you use?

I had this one
But it broke after 3-4 months :mad:

Hellhound105

Executive Member
I am in the mood for some games today.I haven't gamed in months.

My problem :(

List of games I bought and haven't even played more then an hour or so or not at all.
Skyrim
Fallout 4
Fallout new Vegas
Fallout 3
The witcher 3
The witcher 2
The witcher
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Crysis warhead
Medal of honor
Medal of honor Pacific assault
Medal of honor warchest
Call of duty MW 2
Farcry 2
farcry 3
Farcry 4
Saints row 2
Saints row 3
Watch dogs 1 and 2
Shadow of mordor
Doom 2016
Max Payne 3
MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT™
Mad Max
Shadow Warrior
Metro 2033
Just Cause 1 and 2
Have the deus ex series haven't played any lol
Same with the hitman series, have them all, have played any

The rest of the steam games I can't even remember.

Games I have at least finished in the last 5 years
Tomb raider legend
Tomb raider underworld
Tomb raider
Rise of the tomb raider
Tomb raider anniversary
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock infinite
Saints row 4
Borderlands
borderlands 2
Grand theft auto vice city
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Alien: Isolation
RAGE
Painkiller: Black Edition
Chaser
Torchlight II
Quake 4
FEAR 1,2 and 3
Chrome
Lost Planet
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: 4
NFS most wanted
NFS undercover
NFS Drift
NFS underground 1 and 2
Brothers in arms

Recommend you finish Doom 2016 for the story

Ciferion

I picked up RD2 on special from steam.
Read through the various graphic settings guides available. It seems to be running well on my Dell GTX 1060 notebook. Its undervolted and OC with stable fps around 40-50 with decent graphical settings. Enjoying it so far.

Sl8er

Executive Member
I picked up RD2 on special from steam.
Read through the various graphic settings guides available. It seems to be running well on my Dell GTX 1060 notebook. Its undervolted and OC with stable fps around 40-50 with decent graphical settings. Enjoying it so far.

1920 x 1080?
(Probably, but still asking to make sure :) )

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
f56ec8bf2d267f750e9f82975718149e.jpg

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Call of Cthulhu 2018, not bad for a side adventure coming it at R152.98 (previous sale). Hardly as bad as most negative reviews paint it to be...

I feel The Sinking City is a better detective game, but it falls greatly short in terms of gameplay and puts the player through Deja Vu. I personally love Lovecraftian concepts, but the horror was better executed in older titles.

I also heavily dislike the Lovecraftian tropes that the Sherlock Holmes games went through, and I guess there will be more of that in the upcoming episodic series.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I spent a lot more on this Steam sale than I should have. Sold an +R1000 worth of trading cards :ROFL: and from there it just turned into one big discount which made impulse buying so much more of a reality.

If you claim the right wallpapers (but you need to own the item), some are worth more than R100 and they sell quite easily.

The only games I really wanted is Ni no Kuni 1/2, and Code Vein, CV will have to wait. Going to play a bit of Ni no Kuni.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I spent a lot more on this Steam sale than I should have. Sold an +R1000 worth of trading cards :ROFL: and from there it just turned into one big discount which made impulse buying so much more of a reality.

If you claim the right wallpapers (but you need to own the item), some are worth more than R100 and they sell quite easily.

The only games I really wanted is Ni no Kuni 1/2, and Code Vein, CV will have to wait. Going to play a bit of Ni no Kuni.
Nicely done, highest cards I've seen is like R4

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I feel The Sinking City is a better detective game, but it falls greatly short in terms of gameplay and puts the player through Deja Vu. I personally love Lovecraftian concepts, but the horror was better executed in older titles.

I also heavily dislike the Lovecraftian tropes that the Sherlock Holmes games went through, and I guess there will be more of that in the upcoming episodic series.
That's next on my list :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.