What games do you miss the most?

JV_011_

My old time fav: C & C Generals, Zero hour

FYI: I downloaded it on my mac the other day. Nostalgic moment right there

Pitbull

Verboten
This is going to blow a couple of people's minds.

Prepare for a flash back of note !!!

California Games

Doing vertical with a skateboard, happy sack thingy and what not... O BMX !!!
Come on, you all played it

PhreeMe

Expert Member
This is going to blow a couple of people's minds.

Prepare for a flash back of note !!!

California Games

Doing vertical with a skateboard, happy sack thingy and what not... O BMX !!!
Come on, you all played it

/pretends to not know what this heathen speaketh....

MrR

Expert Member
Can't say I miss singleplayer games, because I can still play each one of them at any time I want and get some of that nostalgia.

As for games I really miss because I can no longer enjoy them (no local servers/players/unplayable on 200ping):

Counter-Strike 1.6
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Day of Defeat
Battlefield 1942 / Desert Combat mod
Battlefield 2 / Project Reality mod

Wow, another fellow dodder. Remember those days of endless anzio, camille, harrington, avalanche and donner? Remember the one shot kar and the off center garand (off center to the right) and ridiculously accurate/godlike (and cannon fodder) players? What about the open and friendly community and all the comps and clan matches we had? Those we will never get back.

I mostly play dod:s every now and then on international servers (especially during June), but really miss the local community (from 7-10 years ago). The local community made it great and fun and it wouldn't be the same if the game suddenly got momentum and new life (locally speaking). International servers are still packed most nights, and one or two UK servers (home guard and house of noobs) are accommodating, but the ping does kill you. US servers are a no-go, they don't take kindly to foreigners.

theratman

Honorary Master
SWAT 3 was the FPS while 1 & 2 were turned based, if I'm not mistaken. I remember the Sierra logo when firing up SWAT2 :D

edit: not turn based but RTS rather

Swat 1 was a FMV game and 2 was a strategy type game, think it was turn based. 3 and 4 were FPS iirc. All decent games. Give us SWAT 5 dammit!

Edit : Saw your edit.

Last edited:
I'm having such an internal struggle at the moment.

I can't find anything I want to play... I suffer badly from Gaming ADD, and have tried most, and almost finished none...

I need a game that can grip me... immersive.

So what game do I miss the most... honestly, I have no idea. I went through phases and got over them.

Loved FPS, got over it.
Got into RTS, got over it.

I think the stage I'm at now is somewhere between a MOBA like LoL and a aRPG like D3 or PoE.

In summary, I don't miss a specific game most, I miss being addicted to a game!

PS: Help me! :(

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm having such an internal struggle at the moment.

I can't find anything I want to play... I suffer badly from Gaming ADD, and have tried most, and almost finished none...

I need a game that can grip me... immersive.

So what game do I miss the most... honestly, I have no idea. I went through phases and got over them.

Loved FPS, got over it.
Got into RTS, got over it.

I think the stage I'm at now is somewhere between a MOBA like LoL and a aRPG like D3 or PoE.

In summary, I don't miss a specific game most, I miss being addicted to a game!

PS: Help me! :(

What are you favourite games of all time? That might help with making recommendations.

What are you favourite games of all time? That might help with making recommendations.

I know it's not helpful, but its difficult to say. I've had a favourite game of all time in almost every genre... maybe I should start with that.

MOBA - League of Legends
aRPG - Torchlight II
FPS - Medal of Honor Allied Assault (mostly because of the LANning)
Racing - GRID series
RTS - Dark Reign The future of war

Star Wars X-Wing...

I went through 2 joysticks with this game.

Also
C+C
Dungeon Keeper!
CS 1.6
Age of Empires 2

Pitbull

Verboten
I know it's not helpful, but its difficult to say. I've had a favourite game of all time in almost every genre... maybe I should start with that.

MOBA - League of Legends
aRPG - Torchlight II
Racing - GRID series

You want addiction?

CS:GO - FPS
WoW - MMO (RPG)

Thor

Honorary Master
I just downloaded a remade version of this last night... damn it's boring, but was probably awesome in its day.

This game in its day with 4 other guys was amazing!!! And you can play the game over and over and never have the same ending etc

Wburn

Sierra Quest games. Hero's Quest and Police Quest were epic.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

MOBA - League of Legends
aRPG - Torchlight II
Racing - GRID series

Have you tried any of these games out:

- Divinity: Original Sin
- Diablo 3
- Dota 2
- The Witcher 3

Sierra Quest games. Hero's Quest and Police Quest were epic.

Conquest of the Longbow FTW!!

Have you tried any of these games out:

- Divinity: Original Sin
- Diablo 3
- Dota 2
- The Witcher 3

Yes, played all of them. Only finished D3 and played some online as well with the local myBB community. Dota 2, like LoL, really needs to be played with friends. Witcher 3 - I Suck. Divinity, turn based not my thing

Still googling for options. Found XCOM enemy unknown, looks awesome! turnbased :(

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Conquest of the Longbow FTW!!

Yes, played all of them. Only finished D3 and played some online as well with the local myBB community. Dota 2, like LoL, really needs to be played with friends. Witcher 3 - I Suck. Divinity, turn based not my thing

Still googling for options. Found XCOM enemy unknown, looks awesome! turnbased :(

You could just turn the difficulty down for Witcher 3. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and very long. Plus the season pass is bringing a massive amount of new content later. You'd be missing out big time if you skipped it.

Diablo 3 has an expansion now if you weren't aware. You could always check that out. Or branch out to Starcraft 2.

Have you tried Banished and/or Cities: Skylines? Hotline Miami 1 & 2 and Gunpoint are some amazing random indie games. South Park: Stick of Truth is a great RPG that's also very funny, although combat is turn based.

As far as shooters go, the Borderlands and Bioshock franchises are worth looking at if you haven't already. Shadow of Mordor is a pretty awesome game too.

You could just turn the difficulty down for Witcher 3. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and very long. Plus the season pass is bringing a massive amount of new content later. You'd be missing out big time if you skipped it.

Diablo 3 has an expansion now if you weren't aware. You could always check that out. Or branch out to Starcraft 2.

Have you tried Banished and/or Cities: Skylines? Hotline Miami 1 & 2 and Gunpoint are some amazing random indie games. South Park: Stick of Truth is a great RPG that's also very funny, although combat is turn based.

As far as shooters go, the Borderlands and Bioshock franchises are worth looking at if you haven't already. Shadow of Mordor is a pretty awesome game too.

Was just looking at Bioshock Infinite, think I'll give it a go.

With Borderlands, where to start? As I see there is a 1, 2, presequel and tales from borderlands 1 2 and 3? :wtf:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Was just looking at Bioshock Infinite, think I'll give it a go.

With Borderlands, where to start? As I see there is a 1, 2, presequel and tales from borderlands 1 2 and 3? :wtf:
Start with Borderlands 1 & 2, preferably the GOTY editions. The Telltale Borderlands games are a totally separate thing, set it in the same fictional universe. The Pre-Sequel is the most recent game, and the least good.

It's a shame you didn't want to start a week or two ago. There was an insane Borderlands Humble Bundle. For now you're probably best off buying on G2A.

Bioshock Infinite is amazing. Play that first I think. If you like it a lot there's a season pass with some decent content.

Start with Borderlands 1 & 2, preferably the GOTY editions. The Telltale Borderlands games are a totally separate thing, set it in the same fictional universe. The Pre-Sequel is the most recent game, and the least good.

It's a shame you didn't want to start a week or two ago. There was an insane Borderlands Humble Bundle. For now you're probably best off buying on G2A.

Bioshock Infinite is amazing. Play that first I think. If you like it a lot there's a season pass with some decent content.

Thanks for the help.