What happened to GOOD wired earphones?

JOEY_8

So far very impressed with the Sony Wireless Earphones (WF 1000). A little pricey but well worth it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I like Sennheiser, but my go to is Beyerdynamic.

The best 'cheap' headphones, in my opinion, are Takstar headphones, btw, they are also OEM, hence many 'gaming' companies like Logitech, Kingston (HyperX) and Coolermaster, amongst others, buys their internals and tweak it to their desire.

Many companies also use Takstar 'made' microphones.

I have been testing out Takstar products, it is bloody good, but I have noted them to hike the price nowadays.

You can't go wrong with these,

https://en.takstar.com/product/type/500.html (/cough, many have actually used these)

and their in-ears are also good. All wired products.

Luke7777

Executive Member
I have had the SoundMagic E50's now for a couple of years. Absolutely stunning. Use them with Comply foam tips and got them direct from the SA site. Very good service

I see they've "upgraded" the cable a bit ... my E11C is still the normal one, not the "silver coated copper" cable :)

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I know sound quality is subjective, but hear me out.

Around 2014 I bought Yamaha EPH in ear earphones (can't remember the model no), Sennheiser (I think it was the CX300 II white ones for a bit more than R300 if I remember correctly, I can't find the invoice), and ~R150 Sony MDR EX 100LP:

The ~R150 Sony ones were the most comfortable, and sounded the best. Sennheiser had more bass, but didn't sound as clear as the Sonys.
It makes no sense, and maybe I didn't get a proper seal with the others, but the Sonys are the ones I used and kept the others as backups. They seem to have been discontinued.

Based on their performance, I would definitely give the next one up, the MDR-EX155AP a try:

cerebus

Honorary Master
I've heard good things about the Tin Hifi Buds, http://www.tinhifi.com/

The T2's are selling for $39 atm.

You can also get them on Aliexpress

This. If you're really after great quality earphones, you need to do some research and look at Aliexpress. There are a ton of no-name Chinese brands producing basically audiophile quality earphones at very cheap prices. It's a whole cottage industry over there. Tin is one of the better brand names for sure.

Check out this article:

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
This. If you're really after great quality earphones, you need to do some research and look at Aliexpress. There are a ton of no-name Chinese brands producing basically audiophile quality earphones at very cheap prices. It's a whole cottage industry over there. Tin is one of the better brand names for sure.

Check out this article:

Talking of Aliexpress, - what shipping options do they give you, do not relish a six month wait for SAPO to wake up and tell me I can collect my long long, awaited parcel, which has been languishing at the local branch for 4 months, been there, done that.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I know sound quality is subjective, but hear me out.

Around 2014 I bought Yamaha EPH in ear earphones (can't remember the model no), Sennheiser (I think it was the CX300 II white ones for a bit more than R300 if I remember correctly, I can't find the invoice), and ~R150 Sony MDR EX 100LP:

The ~R150 Sony ones were the most comfortable, and sounded the best. Sennheiser had more bass, but didn't sound as clear as the Sonys.
It makes no sense, and maybe I didn't get a proper seal with the others, but the Sonys are the ones I used and kept the others as backups. They seem to have been discontinued.

Based on their performance, I would definitely give the next one up, the MDR-EX155AP a try:

Was surprised the other day, plugged the earphones i got with my Samsung S8 in and listened to them, prefer them to my Sennhieser Momentum earphones. The earphones i got with my Samsung 10e, are pretty close to the Sennhieser Momentum earphones.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Was surprised the other day, plugged the earphones i got with my Samsung S8 in and listened to them, prefer them to my Sennhieser Momentum earphones. The earphones i got with my Samsung 10e, are pretty close to the Sennhieser Momentum earphones.

Yes, the ones I got with my S10e are pretty good, they just don't seal as well for me. I couldn't find a pair of tips that were as good a fit as the sonys.

I just googled the Sennheiser Momentums... they are quite pricy!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Yes, the ones I got with my S10e are pretty good, they just don't seal as well for me. I couldn't find a pair of tips that were as good a fit as the sonys.

I just googled the Sennheiser Momentums... they are quite pricy!

Do the Sony tips not fit the S10e phones?