What happened to the Rugby players?

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Hi, I didn't watch rugby for a few years and everyone is gone.

I tried Googling them but their wiki pages are so bare and I wanna know what they up to nowadays.

What happened to;

Heinrich Brussouw, Courtnal Skosan, Andries Bekker, Francois Hougaard, Ross Cronjé, Johan Goosen etc.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
I could find that Pat Lambie retired because he got severe head trauma. All I could find about Andries Bekker is that he moved to Japan and retired.
So I was watching this and thought it was Faf with short hair;

Turns out its another person.

Luke7777

Executive Member
I thought Google was the same for everyone :laugh:

Heinrich Brüssow has announced his retirement from professional rugby with immediate effect (2019)

Courtnall Douglas Skosan (born 24 July 1991 in Cape Town) is a South African rugby union player for the Lions in Super Rugby, the Golden Lions in the Currie Cup and the Golden Lions XV in the Rugby Challenge.

After retiring from rugby (2018), former Springbok lock Andries Bekker will stay in Japan in a coaching capacity. The 34-year-old announced his retirement from professional rugby in January after playing his final game for the Kobelco Steelers in Japan. Still there , according to this

Francois Hougard will leave Worcester Warriors to join Premiership rivals Wasps ahead of the 2021–22 season.

Ross Cronje still plays for the Lions

Johannes Goosen plays as a fly-half for Montpellier in the Top 14 in France. ( Apparently Jake was /is after him to play for the Bulls)

sand_man

Honorary Master
Hi, I didn't watch rugby for a few years and everyone is gone.

I tried Googling them but their wiki pages are so bare and I wanna know what they up to nowadays.

What happened to;

Heinrich Brussouw, Courtnal Skosan, Andries Bekker, Francois Hougaard, Ross Cronjé, Johan Goosen etc.
Apparently there in the region of 400 SA pros playing in foreign leagues. Predominantly in Europe but also Japan and USA.

The quality and standard of SA rugby is diabolical. Our resources have been totally plundered robbing us of our depth and the cream. This extends to coaching staff too.

Our Baby Boks are currently engaged in a series including Georgia, Uruguay and Argentina. We played our first game against Uruguay and scrapped to a lack luster 29-10 victory!! F ucking Uruguay???!

Anyway, I digress..

InternetSwag

Expert Member
I thought Google was the same for everyone :laugh:

Heinrich Brüssow has announced his retirement from professional rugby with immediate effect (2019)

Courtnall Douglas Skosan (born 24 July 1991 in Cape Town) is a South African rugby union player for the Lions in Super Rugby, the Golden Lions in the Currie Cup and the Golden Lions XV in the Rugby Challenge.

After retiring from rugby (2018), former Springbok lock Andries Bekker will stay in Japan in a coaching capacity. The 34-year-old announced his retirement from professional rugby in January after playing his final game for the Kobelco Steelers in Japan. Still there , according to this

Francois Hougard will leave Worcester Warriors to join Premiership rivals Wasps ahead of the 2021–22 season.

Ross Cronje still plays for the Lions

Johannes Goosen plays as a fly-half for Montpellier in the Top 14 in France. ( Apparently Jake was /is after him to play for the Bulls)
Damn, ok thanks. I was curious about that. I am especially surpised Andries and Heinrich just dissapeared. They were supposed to be the up and comers last i watched.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Bulls rolled by an Italian club side...meh...

Their worst game of the season.... what a difference Duanne makes. Was easy for Marcel to captain a winning side in DV's absence... today was a different story

sand_man

Honorary Master
Their worst game of the season.... what a difference Duanne makes. Was easy for Marcel to captain a winning side in DV's absence... today was a different story
The first game of the season against quality opposition? The standard of domestic rugby has been absolutely atrocious post lock down! You take any one of the Sharks, Stormers, Bulls or Lions and stick them in a European league and they going to get schooled, week in week out, pretty much like the Bulls got schooled tonight.

Zameside

See Bjorn Basson is playing Major League Rugby in San Diego.
Last I noted he was over in Russia playing for Enisei.