What happens when you break the warranty stickers on your PlayStation 4

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
very SLOW, but what Ive often wondered if its possible to remove those stickers intact and reapply them.
It may be possible, but they are designed to destroy themselves if you try that...

Toxic T

Expert Member
Just a wild guess but, the warranty will be void if seal removed/damaged?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
very SLOW, but what Ive often wondered if its possible to remove those stickers intact and reapply them.
Heat them up with a hair dryer and slide a sharp (non slip) piece of plastic or a knife below it , thats what they use to do since the PS2 days and sony still hasent changed the type of stickers they use ;)

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I had to forcibly remove the seal from mine as he was using it to hide from Heidi Klum's lawyers.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Heat them up with a hair dryer and slide a sharp (non slip) piece of plastic or a knife below it , thats what they use to do since the PS2 days and sony still hasent changed the type of stickers they use ;)
I know some of the warranty stickers for electronics have thermal protection in them as well, they go black before the glue melts properly, not sure if the Sony ones are like that.

Matrix Warehouse stickers could easily be removed (10 years ago when I worked there) by wetting them and waiting 10 minutes or so. Sticking them back on just wet them again XD

eg2505

Honorary Master
my question is this,

dont people manufacture fake stickers? so you break your original sticker, do whatever you do and then,

get another fake sticker in place?

Toxic T

Expert Member
my question is this,

dont people manufacture fake stickers? so you break your original sticker, do whatever you do and then,

get another fake sticker in place?
Crowdfunding for this idea. :whistling:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Crowdfunding for this idea. :whistling:
actually part of my conspiracy theory knowledge, even snowden revealed this as a fact

if a NEW computer is going to a target(Hamas,ISIS,Hezbollah ect), they intercept the box, open it install the spyware on the PC,
and then seal it back up with EXACTLY the same tape as it originally came with.

so I sure "fake" stickers exist, wonder why they not out in the open market already.
Id have thought the Chinese climbed on that bandwagon already.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
I know some of the warranty stickers for electronics have thermal protection in them as well, they go black before the glue melts properly, not sure if the Sony ones are like that.

Matrix Warehouse stickers could easily be removed (10 years ago when I worked there) by wetting them and waiting 10 minutes or so. Sticking them back on just wet them again XD
Sony doesnt use thermal sensitive stickers ;)

eg2505

Honorary Master
Sony doesnt use thermal sensitive stickers ;)
so its very easy for fake stickers to be made then?
see its even available generic ones, I sure its even possible to make custom ones looking like original ones.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
see its even available generic ones, I sure its even possible to make custom ones looking like original ones.
Of course it is...

But the market would be so small that its not worthwhile really...

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Yup, and the original Xbox 360 stickers were faked, aswell as the Psone and the first gen PS2 , no idea about later consoles as I stopped working in the industry at that point.