What has been your typical Rain 4G connection speed this past week?

What's your typical Rain 4G speed

• < 0.15mb

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • <0.5mb

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • <1mb

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 1 - 4mb

• 4 - 6mb

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 6 - 8mb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 -10mb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10- 15mb

• 15 - 20mb

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 20mb +

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Rain has gotten me really frustrated this past week to the point I felt like throwing my phone against the wall.

For the majority of this week I've been getting speeds of below 0.4mb and at best 1.2mb after moving the router around.

Goosfrabba

About the same. I got 5Mbps last night for a grand total of like 5 minutes. At least the speeds have been hovering closer to 1Mbps so that Youtube and Netflix can still work without buffering

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Rain has gotten me really frustrated this past week to the point I felt like throwing my phone against the wall.

For the majority of this week I've been getting speeds of below 0.4mb and at best 1.2mb after moving the router around.
Hi Polymathic,

Thanks for reaching out.

Through past interactions, we have your details and have passed these on to our team to have a look into your network conditions.

We do apologize for your experience thus far and will get feedback to you as soon as we are able.

Regards,
rain_mobile

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
About the same. I got 5Mbps last night for a grand total of like 5 minutes. At least the speeds have been hovering closer to 1Mbps so that Youtube and Netflix can still work without buffering
Hi Goosfrabba,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

This will be passed on to our networks team to further their investigations.

Thanks again.

Regards,
rain_mobile

Goosfrabba

Hi Goosfrabba,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

This will be passed on to our networks team to further their investigations.

Thanks again.

Regards,
rain_mobile
We all know that means nothing. I'm doing my own tests before approaching ICASA. You lot are either unwilling or unable to sort out your mess

James946

Why do some people complain, it's no use. Rain is a best effort service, if you aren't satisfied then just cancel. They even offer a money back option for the duration of the lockdown

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Why do some people complain, it's no use. Rain is a best effort service, if you aren't satisfied then just cancel. They even offer a money back option for the duration of the lockdown
I'm not explicitly complaining, I just want to find out if I'm the only person having issues. Admittedly it's a small sample there's very few people actually getting around 10mb which is what the 24/7 package is limited to.

I've noticed though since upgrading to the 24/7 package I've lost a lot of patience that I've used to have with 19 hour package. I guess that being similarly priced a cheaper fibre/ADSL line there's an added expectation.

Looks like I'll be downgrading back to the R250, it's going to way less stressful even if it gives me similar performance.

Kiemo

I wanna no if rain ask what’s your email or info what is there to check if you getting slow speeds ? It’s congestion that’s it ... if it’s something else let us no post saying about it don’t leave us in the dark or if your capping speeds in certain areas please feel free to let us no ... rain needs to wake up MTN is jumping on the 5G game as well ... Fibre is being rolled out all over Mitchell’s Plain so once they done trust me people are taking there money else where

unobeat

My average speeds(0.5mb) have been pathetic and unusable for WhatsApp or Twitter.

Cannot even stream at all.
Call was logged and after 5 days of Network Support to claim that they are investigating, their feedback was that client should reboot router so that it can connect to a different tower anf yet i have been doing that continuously.

I am disappointed in their customer service and support.