What interest rates are you paying on bond and car?

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Out of interest, what interest rates are you paying. I want to see if I can maybe move my bonds and strong arm the new provider into something in line with prime - 2. Got bonus this month which I used to pay off cc (long story, don't ask) so I believe to banks I will look all rosy and peachy now
I'll start.
Bond 1: prime
Bond 2: prime + 0.25
Car : prime

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Bond 2.14% fixed for 5 years - quite high relative to the market because of lack of credit history.
Car - paid cash.

Yeah, not relevant to your post, I know :p

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Bond 2.14% fixed for 5 years - quite high relative to the market because of lack of credit history.
Car - paid cash.

Yeah, not relevant to your post, I know :p
It is. I very much like to know the figures floating around to see if my hopes are even a remote possibility

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Bond 6.75%.
There are definitely some guys around who are in the region of prime - 2

Meister-Man

Expert Member

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
OK so from what I gather, it does seems possible. I'd like to think about myself as someone who looks responsible about money from the bank's perspective. Got a good lump of dough sitting in an investment (in shares, so not the safest maybe, but hey, I got plenty of time ahead) cc paid, got a car financed so they like me there, I'll think I'll attempt it and just tell them I sign for what I want to sign, nothing more and to stick it if they don't want my business. I'm actually really tempted to see if I can push for 5 and have a revalue done and also take the difference in order for a payment similar to my current one. I don't foresee the reserve bank pushing for too much interest as it will be counter productive as to where we are currently sitting.

Take that money and put it in shares too (something in the line of a top 40 blend or so)

Am I nuts?