What IPTV service is best?

Naks

Expert Member
I received a test link last night, on a 20mb fibre line vlc could play some hd stuff but with serious buffer. Put the link into Plex and same issue. Then opened plex on tv and it found the channels but none played. Guess ill stick to DSTV now. bummer
Were you playing it on the TV itself? Which TV, and which app were you using?

The network and processing capabilities of the TV will also affect the playback

Noseworthy

Expert Member
Were you playing it on the TV itself? Which TV, and which app were you using?

The network and processing capabilities of the TV will also affect the playback
Plex media server is running on an i7 16gig mac mini, it streams to the tv which is just above it, Hisense 65" UHD. Perhaps there is setting in plex that can be tweaked for the transcoding, but I don't know how to do that

Naks

Expert Member
Plex media server is running on an i7 16gig mac mini, it streams to the tv which is just above it, Hisense 65" UHD. Perhaps there is setting in plex that can be tweaked for the transcoding, but I don't know how to do that
hmm, is your setup wired or wireless?

can you not stream directly from your TV?

Azg

Expert Member
So how legal are services like these? I would be happy to sign up for a service if I can be guaranteed it won't be taken down in 3 months time. I have an issue with paying someone else to pirate and resell something to me. Any thoughts?
Illegal. Pay month to month.

Christo4

So how legal are services like these? I would be happy to sign up for a service if I can be guaranteed it won't be taken down in 3 months time. I have an issue with paying someone else to pirate and resell something to me. Any thoughts?
If you have an issue with this, you must have many issues.
Grey area so illegal/legal not resolved yet.
Month to month is the way to go.

Naks

Expert Member
has anyone been able to find a way to schedule recordings from an IPTV stream?

patgear

I signed up with SteamIPTV,based what I read here and can confirm that the cost relative to the channels provided I am more than satisfied
Unfortunately on a 10Mb/s wired fiber line ,using the the IPTV Smarters software on a desktop (as per requirement),the constant buffering on all the channels ,for me sadly,makes this service unusable
I should also mention that using IPTV Smarters ,the recommended software for Windows on desktop, you cannot get full screen ,meaning the top bar of Windows is always visible
Their is no solution to that problem according to the numerous searches I have done except maybe in the future their will be an update to address the problem
VLC is another option but with my limited abilities ,am unable to get StreamIPTV to work ,requiring m3u files etc,etc,but that is just me.

Last edited:

Noseworthy

Expert Member
I signed up with SteamIPTV,based what I read here and can confirm that the the cost relative to the channels provided I am more than satisfied
Unfortunately on a 10Mb/s wired fiber line ,using the the IPTV Smarters software on a desktop (as per requirement),the constant buffering on all the channels ,for me sadly,makes this service unusable
I should also mention that using IPTV Smarters ,the recommended software for Windows on desktop, you cannot get full screen ,meaning the top bar is always visible
Their is no solution to that problem according to the numerous searches I have done except maybe in the future their will be an update to address the problem
VLC is another option but with my limited abilities ,am unable to get StreamIPTV to work ,requiring m3u files etc,etc,but that is just me.
If you need the m3u, just ask as I have it ready to add to vlc

Christo4

I signed up with SteamIPTV,based what I read here and can confirm that the cost relative to the channels provided I am more than satisfied
I should also mention that using IPTV Smarters ,the recommended software for Windows on desktop, you cannot get full screen ,meaning the top bar of Windows is always visible
Iptvsmarters - buffering, etc. So do not waste your time.
VLC - No issue.

You can also try MyIPTV Player from Microsoft Store

Last edited:

patgear

Iptvsmarters - buffering, etc. So do not waste your time.
VLC - No issue.
Any suggestions how to get an m3u file for Stream to work on vlc
Did send a request to Stream ,but no luck
Like I mentioned ,I think the service is great ,as you and others recommended

Christo4

Any suggestions how to get an m3u file for Stream to work on vlc
Did send a request to Stream ,but no luck
Like I mentioned ,I think the service is great ,as you and others recommended
See #195. If you do not get it to work, ask again.

Naks

Expert Member
from Stream, doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

Q: Or otherwise if you can guarantee F1 as VOD, that would also work

A: Nope cannot guarantee F1 on VOD.