What IPTV service is best?

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Ok so signed up for streamiptv.
The sign up process is easy enough, you send in a request, they send you an invoice, you eft them and send them the POP. With in 5 minutes I had my logins and instructions. The support is pretty good as well, was around 7pm and I was getting responses in minutes of my mails.
The setup on my samsung smart TV was as easy as can be, went onto the store and downloaded the app, under video. You log onto a site and add your mac and the URL you get when signing up with Streamiptv. Close and re open the app on your tv and bam! Over a 1000 channels.
The channels are awesome, flipped through them last night.
I will say though curently using rain LTE and the HD hannels do not do well at all, SD are fine though.
Vodacom installs my 100mb fibre tomorrow so will update how it runs after that is done.

All in all I recommend Streamiptv so far!

scienide

Expert Member
Ok so signed up for streamiptv.
The sign up process is easy enough, you send in a request, they send you an invoice, you eft them and send them the POP. With in 5 minutes I had my logins and instructions. The support is pretty good as well, was around 7pm and I was getting responses in minutes of my mails.
The setup on my samsung smart TV was as easy as can be, went onto the store and downloaded the app, under video. You log onto a site and add your mac and the URL you get when signing up with Streamiptv. Close and re open the app on your tv and bam! Over a 1000 channels.
The channels are awesome, flipped through them last night.
I will say though curently using rain LTE and the HD hannels do not do well at all, SD are fine though.
Vodacom installs my 100mb fibre tomorrow so will update how it runs after that is done.

All in all I recommend Streamiptv so far!
Other TV's compatible and android media boxes?

Christo4

Chromecast and Android (IPTV Extreme and GSE IPTV apps) and or Apple (GSE IPTV app) gives you so many possibillities. No smart TV necessary.

rh1

In the meantime the following: Around 1 000 channels.
USA mostly HD and FHD.
UK the same but also some SD.
Channels from Canada, Australia, etc.
Bein sports..
TV comedy, drama, reality, top 50 movies, crime, etc.
Samsung Smart Tv = smart iptv app. Free for 7 days and then a once of payment. R5.49 Eur.
For PC I use Vlc.
Android I use GSE IPTV APP.
You can also use it on kodi. Not for me so no info.
I have telkom 4mb adsl line. I stream sd with no buffering..
For streaning the rest you need 10mb but preferably 20mb.
Yes sometimes some channels are down like the last 2 days but they are quick to fix it and keep you updated.
Month to month R150.
Is this for this https://streamiptv.co.za/channels.html

rh1

For iptv services which is a bit of a grey area legally but morally not (my opinion) do I need a vpn services to protect myself?

rh1

I do not mean a VPN to connect to IPTV but specifically to protect myself from any legal ramifications if any.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
For iptv services which is a bit of a grey area legally but morally not (my opinion) do I need a vpn services to protect myself?
Not so much to protect yourself but it does help as some isps throttle/block certain iptv ip ranges.

Christo4

As you say it's a grey area. I would not use any ISP that throttle me because of that.
The providers all suggest that you use a VPN but to me it is more a moneymaking bussiness.
I do use a smartdnsproxy provider for the geo block.
The moralty part is another grey area.

James_D

Hi everyone, i have have had numerous request from people to find out the service that i am using so i am going to post an answer here as opposed answering everyone individually. So i have two subscriptions with with IPTV provider cause one of TV'S is not smart and i am running an app called "Power TV" that has been supplied by my service provider via my NVidia shield. I have to say that the experience is extremely smooth viewing. I am running 50mb fibre line at home. On my other TV( LG smart) i am running Smart IPTV app and they configure this app remotely from their side and all i had to do was to provide my MAC number of the TV to them. They do not provide a test period for their service and subscription is paid annually. In saying that their cost is about one tenth of what DSTV cost a month so i was willing to take a chance. Anyway, it's been about a year and i would never go back. I get about three thousand channels mostly HD or FHD. The quality of service has been excellent and i think they've been down twice for about an hour. For that kind of price, i thought i can put up with it. By the way, all the channels are English and the service is out of UK.

Christo4

Please give us more information. The name of the iptv company. The cost. 10% of dstv is under R100. A bargain for around 3 000 channels. What I like about the other iptv company mentioned in this thread is that you can decide to stream in sd, hd or fhd or 4k depending on your line speed.
Please point us to the iptv provider and we will take it from there

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I assume they have a lot of sports channels? UK and US based ones? Got uncapped fibre last week and wouldn't mind trying out an IPTV service as replacement for DSTV premium.
Yep tonnes, I don't watch them personally but have seen espn and the like. Also channels referring to premiership league, etc.