What IPTV service is best?

Christo4

Stop bragging here.
As said still on copper - 4mb. Nothing else available in my vicinity.
Any change in quality will impact my streaming.
I have been streaming on SD (720x576 and even 1024x576 and 1280x720). It all depends when.
But lately the IPTV providers have removed the SD and now only give 1920x1080 or 1440x1080.
It seems I will have to find somebody that can still supply SD quality.
Maybe go back to DSTv for the Rugby World Cup.
Any IPTV providers that still provide SD streaming as well. Please let me know. :mad:

Naks

Expert Member
Yikes, sorry Christo, didn't realise you were still on ADSL - who is these days?

enerdude

Expert Member
Any IPTV providers that still provide SD streaming as well. Please let me know. :mad:
I can recommend hydrohosting as I did before in this thread.
All the popular UK channels (including all sky sports channels) come in three qualities:
SD (720x576)
HD (1280x720)
FHD (1920x1080)

I have tested the SD streams on someone's 4mbit adsl that was far from the exchange (getting little more than 2mbit down) without buffering problems.

I hardly ever experience buffering these days without any proxy (I used to use the proxy they provided to overcome it in the past in peak time 19:00 - 23:00 daily)
Downtime is also rare, and they usually email you when there is problems. Been paying them quarterly for 1.5 years now and can't be happier.

See my posts here and here

Christo4

All the popular UK channels (including all sky sports channels) come in three qualities:
SD (720x576)
HD (1280x720)
FHD (1920x1080)

I have tested the SD streams on someone's 4mbit adsl that was far from the exchange (getting little more than 2mbit down) without buffering problems.

I hardly ever experience buffering these days without any proxy (I used to use the proxy they provided to overcome it in the past in peak time 19:00 - 23:00 daily)
Downtime is also rare, and they usually email you when there is problems. Been paying them quarterly for 1.5 years now and can't be happier.

Thank you. Have a trial here. Cannot see how you make payments. Any idea?

enerdude

Expert Member
Thank you. Have a trial here. Cannot see how you make payments. Any idea?
Card (debit / credit) payments are done via PayFast, crypto payments via coinpayments.net

I am on their 'Full Hosting Service #1' btw.

human75

I am using startv pro iptv service almost 6 months. They are pretty good and very well priced as well,

bratwurst

Expert Member
SD (720x576)
HD (1280x720)
FHD (1920x1080)

Not seeing any Sky Sport channels. What package are you on. I see they offer 2 with little to no explanation what the differences are.

Also what IPTV app do you use to stream? All apps I tried on my mi box, they all buffer and buffer and buffer.

Christo4

It is there. Under UK: SKYSPORTS.
Not part of the trial as far as I know.
Apps: IPTV EXTREME - ANDRoid - should work on the Box
TV - Smart IPTV
PC - Win10 - Myiptvplayer
Many other apps but has not tried it.

enerdude

Expert Member
Not seeing any Sky Sport channels. What package are you on. I see they offer 2 with little to no explanation what the differences are.

Also what IPTV app do you use to stream? All apps I tried on my mi box, they all buffer and buffer and buffer.
As Christo have said I doubt the sports are part of their trial.
If you get buffering on their sd channels, you possibly have internet connection problems. Go to fast.com in a browser window on your mi box and check the speed. This is the official netflix speed test.

I am on there package 1, I posted their channel list earlier here

Most of the decent providers like hydrohosting does not post much information on their websites in order to not draw unnecessary attention. But hydrohosting have excellent support if you use their ticket system, should you have any questions.

There are multiple apps you can use, I use iptv simple client on kodi for my parents as they find it easier.

For myself I prefer the iptv smarters app on android - see my post here as I posted a few posts back.
There is also xciptv app for android - see here

Other knowledgebase articles are here

moms

with xtream codes getting shutdown, anyone know what will happen to all these IPTV resellers out their

enerdude

Expert Member
with xtream codes getting shutdown, anyone know what will happen to all these IPTV resellers out their
If you have a decent provider then there is multiple ways to connect, xtream just being one of them.

Edit: I assume you talking about this article. Extream system is also a management system for iptv providers. They can easily switch to another system

Last edited:

moms

If you have a decent provider then there is multiple ways to connect, xtream just being one of them.

Edit: I assume you talking about this article. Extream system is also a management system for iptv providers. They can easily switch to another system
Yes I'm referring to that article. I was wondering of people like streamiptv etc... These type of resellers

enerdude

Expert Member
I wouldn't worry about it. The really good providers will move to another system. IPTV is in high demand so there will always be a way

Wls350z

kind of sucks, they are all down, not a single one, the day before the rugby world cup..

enerdude

Expert Member
kind of sucks, they are all down, not a single one, the day before the rugby world cup..
Then you with the wrong provider. I am with hydrohosting, no problems the last year and a half. People had a lot to say about them and that there are better and cheaper providers when I wrote a review about them last year December but so far no problems, touch wood