What IPTV service is best?

johnr68

Thanks for the info guys. Subscribed to Nitro tv on www.streamitiptv.com.
Could not be happier.
You can stream on two devices simultaneously, so I shared the cost with my brother. Quality IPTV for R150 a month each:). Oh and by the way the trial allows 4 simultaneous devices.

enerdude

Expert Member
Chaps, I'm busy testing NitroIPTV: https://streamitiptv.com/

So far all my required channels (F1, Football, Cricket, VH1) are working 100%, and they even have all the Supersport channels.

Impressed by the long list of 4K channels, which are playing actual 4K content!

R300pm, not bad at all!
Sorry, I didn't look for SD channels, but I'm sure there are a few.

Yes, yesterday I had SS3 going for pretty much the whole day with almozt zero buffering. But he did say this is a test, and there is no EPG yet.

Jeez, people are making a big deal of R300pm.. what can you even get for R300 these days?

What is most important to me is QoS, FHD /4K, and multiple redundancies for F1 (preferably in French, Italian, and Spanish), which Nitro has.

yesterday I was watching tennis in proper 4K with minimal buffering!
Well I went to get a 24h trial purely for the 4k as my current provider don't have 4k, but not very impressed unless the full service is better. The trial only has like 3 4k channels of which 2 is music I think and the third is eurosport.
Music channels streams fine but tennis on eurosport buffers whole time.

clickingbuttons

Testing out the Nitro service...

Yeah its not great hey, EPG not working, channels take long to load if they load, yeah gonna test it more but not knocking my socks off so far

johnr68

Testing out the Nitro service...

Yeah its not great hey, EPG not working, channels take long to load if they load, yeah gonna test it more but not knocking my socks off so far
Epg working fine for me, which version of the app are you using. I am using Nitro TVX downloaded from playstore.

enerdude

Expert Member
Most people here are missing the real question they should be asking in the thread. If somebody left a good review and did not post how long they have been with the provider it is pretty useless. One cannot really evaluate the QOS and customer support of a specific service in 24/48 hours.

TheLuckmeister

Most people here are missing the real question they should be asking in the thread. If somebody left a good review and did not post how long they have been with the provider it is pretty useless. One cannot really evaluate the QOS and customer support of a specific service in 24/48 hours.
Also a few things that make a big difference:

What type of internet connection you have: Fibre - LTE - ADSL.
What speed your internet connection is: 100/100 - 20/2 - 4/1.
What type of device you are trying to watch on: Decent Android TV box - Cheap Chinese box - Cellphone - Smart TV
If your device is connected via: LAN - Wifi

These things all make a massive difference to your IPTV viewing and might be the reason people experience different results.

Naks

Expert Member

I review services based on trials, since I'm still looking for the best provider out there.

So far Nitro seems to be winning (out of the local providers).

I have an Afrihost Uncapped 100M Fibre line over Frogfoot.

I watch on my LG OLED, which is wired into the router via a Gigabit switch.

enerdude

Expert Member
I review services based on trials, since I'm still looking for the best provider out there.

So far Nitro seems to be winning (out of the local providers).

I have an Afrihost Uncapped 100M Fibre line over Frogfoot.
Very difficult doing it that way though. I have been using hydrohosting.org (also a local provider - when I signed up they even had Afrikaans VOD which nobody else had) for 1.5 years with little to no downtime.
Their signup portal still down unfortunately.

Im on 100/10 Vuma fibre with vox.

human75

i have noticed today, StarTv Pro fixed Supersports lol..excluding Ss1 seems fine. Also all ITV s are working. So seems al good for next round of rugby games:)

blah99

i have noticed today, StarTv Pro fixed Supersports lol..excluding Ss1 seems fine. Also all ITV s are working. So seems al good for next round of rugby games:)
Yeah Supersport 1 is showing supersport Blitz for some reason.

human75

Yeah Supersport 1 is showing supersport Blitz for some reason.
I also informed them. They said they already informed to service provider and will get fix soon. They said it is test right now. I hope all will be good soon. lol

moms

Been doing some further testing for MSTV support team. So far US FHD channels are at about 90% working, and UK FHD channels are about 65% working. Stability is being noted.
I notice the server is very stable and channels are loading quick, also epg is working, I am only watching on the FHD channels.

I see they website is up for Trial Accounts etc

human75

I notice the server is very stable and channels are loading quick, also epg is working, I am only watching on the FHD channels.

I see they website is up for Trial Accounts etc
Hi. Can you please PM me their website. i ll ask them trial also :) Thanks in advance.

blah99

Seems like Supersport dissapeared from Startv. That didn't last long. Shows how unreliable these services are.

Vernon

Expert Member
Seems like Supersport dissapeared from Startv. That didn't last long. Shows how unreliable these services are.
That's the nature of the beast.
Maybe I just caught them at a very bad time but Startv tho was the poorest of the bunch that I've tried out, IMO.

BTW, those SS channels are still going strong via Nitro TV. Hope I'm not giving it the kiss of death. lol

human75

Yes. It seems down for now :-( They said they are testing it anyway.At least it shows they are working on it. I hope they will fix it soon. UK channels are still in order:) I asked for a trial to MSTV. Let's see how it goes :) nowadays every single IPTV providers struggling. Bad times.:)

blah99

Startv rubbish again. Only one ITV channel working with bad quality. The HD one has sound only.