What IPTV service is best?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Which is the best service for watching Formula1?
Channel 4 in the UK show a lot of the races live and others in a delayed broadcast the same evening.

It’s FTA so you just need a VPN/DNS service.

Naks

Expert Member
Channel 4 in the UK show a lot of the races live and others in a delayed broadcast the same evening.
It’s FTA so you just need a VPN/DNS service.
thanks, but that doesn't include all of the preview shows, wrap-ups, etc

Spizz

Goat Botherer
thanks, but that doesn't include all of the preview shows, wrap-ups, etc
Hmm, should do. They show qualifying and lot's of chat/analysis before and after and they are usually a good smooth stream. Only problem as I said was they don't show all of the races live, more like every second one.

Here's the website https://f1.channel4.com which also has links to the episode guide from last season to give you an idea of their coverage https://www.channel4.com/programmes/formula-1/episode-guide

Lot's of content on there until the new season starts :)

enerdude

I don't see a channel list on their website?
Attached is their current m3u content (channel list). Roughly first 600 in list is their live UK / US channels. Real count of live channels is obviously less cause they provide most live channels in SD, HD and FHD which is great cause it caters for all internet speeds. Rest of list is VOD (movies / tv series)

Attachments

Last edited:

vatikhaki

Attached is their current m3u content (channel list). Roughly first 600 in list is their live UK / US channels. Real count of live channels is obviously less cause they provide most live channels in SD, HD and FHD which is great cause it caters for all internet speeds. Rest of list is VOD (movies / tv series)

Do they supply EPG?

ripclaw

Last night I tried BeamTK (https://beamtk.com)

Very good channel selection, especially if you want all the Sky from all EU countries - I got to watch the first episode of Das Boot on Sky Deutschland, but no Enligsh subs unfortunately.

Everything is in HD and also FHD, so will suit most bandwidth.

What was really impressive is that the grouping is very logical and the cleanest I've seen so far, looks like they put in a lot of effort to group things logically into small lists, e.g., UK Series, UK Sports, UK Movies, UK News, US Sports, US Entertainment, etc.

For the F1 fans, there is a grouping of the F1TV channels: official stream and all the driver helmet cams. Obviously couldn't test these as the season is over.

The EPG is also very very extensive and accurate.

Most definitely worth it at 10 pounds pm.
How do you even sign up via their website?! Choosing a package takes me to another hosting site.

Hi We currently offer IPTV. You get 5000 plus Channels in SD, HD, FHD and 4K. Includes VOD. Current price is R89pm or R215 for 3 month. We offer a 24 hour test period. Email me on aweauctionsinfo@gmail.com for more info.

Regards
Ricky
Decided to give Ricky's IPTV a go this month and it's absolutely amazing! Channels are in full HD and there's no buffering using a 20/2 CISP Fibre line with a Mi-box. Any queries that I've sent through are answered in a few minutes and he was able to accommodate me with an alternative app with a very user friendly interface for my parents to use.

Pretty sure this is the most value for money you can get without going through a foreign-based reseller.

Highly recommend this!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Just a note about IPTV buffering. I discovered that I get way less buffering when viewing IPTV on a PC than on my mibox. Conclusion; the specs of your device plays a role in how well your channels stream. I'm guessing CPU, GPU and RAM come into play.

As a test I tried this software - http://www.progdvb.com/, to stream IPTV on my windows PC. Wanted to see if I'd get less buffering and yes, buffering was WAY LESS and channel switching seemed faster.
Bad conclusion.
The one you should reach is that the android TCP stack is not great at high latency connectivity.
I run mine through a local proxy server on a tuned freebsd box and it's a lot quicker.

enerdude

Bad conclusion.
The one you should reach is that the android TCP stack is not great at high latency connectivity.
I run mine through a local proxy server on a tuned freebsd box and it's a lot quicker.
True. Hydrohosting iptv I reviewed above also produced buffering on my android box, especially in peak time (19:00 - 23:00 daily). They however provide you with a shadowsocks proxy which overcomes 99% of buffering I used to have.

ripclaw

True. Hydrohosting iptv I reviewed above also produced buffering on my android box, especially in peak time (19:00 - 23:00 daily). They however provide you with a shadowsocks proxy which overcomes 99% of buffering I used to have.
Just curious; how long have Hydro Hosting been around for?

enerdude

Just curious; how long have Hydro Hosting been around for?
Not sure. Been using them for a year now. Just sign up monthly if you think they might dissappear. I currently subsribe for 3 months cause it is much cheaper and wont lose that much if they dissappear.

STORMERSFAN

Decided to give Ricky's IPTV a go this month and it's absolutely amazing! Channels are in full HD and there's no buffering using a 20/2 CISP Fibre line with a Mi-box. Any queries that I've sent through are answered in a few minutes and he was able to accommodate me with an alternative app with a very user friendly interface for my parents to use.

Pretty sure this is the most value for money you can get without going through a foreign-based reseller.

Highly recommend this!
How do u make payment?

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Hi everyone, i have have had numerous request from people to find out the service that i am using so i am going to post an answer here as opposed answering everyone individually. So i have two subscriptions with with IPTV provider cause one of TV'S is not smart and i am running an app called "Power TV" that has been supplied by my service provider via my NVidia shield. I have to say that the experience is extremely smooth viewing. I am running 50mb fibre line at home. On my other TV( LG smart) i am running Smart IPTV app and they configure this app remotely from their side and all i had to do was to provide my MAC number of the TV to them. They do not provide a test period for their service and subscription is paid annually. In saying that their cost is about one tenth of what DSTV cost a month so i was willing to take a chance. Anyway, it's been about a year and i would never go back. I get about three thousand channels mostly HD or FHD. The quality of service has been excellent and i think they've been down twice for about an hour. For that kind of price, i thought i can put up with it. By the way, all the channels are English and the service is out of UK.
So instead of saying you're going to give information, how about actually giving information?

And the persons he PM'd, care to share?

Christo4

So instead of saying you're going to give information, how about actually giving information?

And the persons he PM'd, care to share?
Why all this secrecy?
Also waiting for more information.

Ricky's IPTV - almost 8 000 channels. Cheap at R89 pm but if you are only into english channels I can understand why it is so cheap. So R89 down the drain.

Those with a 4 mb/10 mb line, go for StreamIPTV. Do not even try the rest. You are going to waste your money and time.

Please help me out if I am wrong re last statement.

enerdude

Why all this secrecy?
Also waiting for more information.

Ricky's IPTV - almost 8 000 channels. Cheap at R89 pm but if you are only into english channels I can understand why it is so cheap. So R89 down the drain.

Those with a 4 mb/10 mb line, go for StreamIPTV. Do not even try the rest. You are going to waste your money and time.

Please help me out if I am wrong re last statement.
See my review few posts back of hydrohosting. They cater for all line speeds plus have 3 days pvr of most channels in the cloud etc etc

Christo4

Have tried them.
Not a Kodi fan.
R208 pm vs R150 pm. Prefer one month at a time.
Streamiptv so simple. Download and play. As said before suits my setup. Smart TV, VLC on pc, smartphone, cast, grandchildren finds it easy to use.

enerdude

Have tried them.
Not a Kodi fan.
R208 pm vs R150 pm. Prefer one month at a time.
Streamiptv so simple. Download and play. As said before suits my setup. Smart TV, VLC on pc, smartphone, cast, grandchildren finds it easy to use.
Never get buffering in peak times? That is the most important factor of an IPTV service. I get none with hydrohosting (even in peak times) when using their proxy. Have used them for a year now.

2nd most important for me is to have a proper onscreen tv guide to know what is / was showing