What IPTV service is best?

Hemps

Executive Member
Have tried them.
Not a Kodi fan.
R208 pm vs R150 pm. Prefer one month at a time.
Streamiptv so simple. Download and play. As said before suits my setup. Smart TV, VLC on pc, smartphone, cast, grandchildren finds it easy to use.

Wonder if they give out free trial to test first?

Hemps

Executive Member
Been a while since I fiddled with iptv so hopefully its come a long way, I'm really impressed with a pirated m3u link I found on google, HD is pretty close to dstv on Discovery channel (23 inch work monitor) and plays right away.

Edit: Rest of the channels are SD though but I'll definitely pay for a service if it's decent.
So I see the iptv on ipad shows you quality setting, Sky Sports on 1080p. HW

Suppose when I fiddle at home and try it on my ATV4 it'll buffer.
Time to trial one of the paid services again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azg

AB-B

Why all this secrecy?
Also waiting for more information.

Ricky's IPTV - almost 8 000 channels. Cheap at R89 pm but if you are only into english channels I can understand why it is so cheap. So R89 down the drain.

Those with a 4 mb/10 mb line, go for StreamIPTV. Do not even try the rest. You are going to waste your money and time.

Please help me out if I am wrong re last statement.
Does he have a channel list?

AB-B

Attached is their current m3u content (channel list). Roughly first 600 in list is their live UK / US channels. Real count of live channels is obviously less cause they provide most live channels in SD, HD and FHD which is great cause it caters for all internet speeds. Rest of list is VOD (movies / tv series)
How do you get hydro hosting on a fire stick? I'm a bit new to this...

enerdude

Hemps

Executive Member
Trialed Hydrohosting, service was very good and the channels displayed with little to no buffering.

Only thing that bugged me and caused me not to subscribe is that the video quality is not what I expected, mostly SD and 720p with a few 1080p but the 1080p is not DSTV quality or Hulu live tv quality.
That and live TV with so many ads.

Madaboutbullterriers

I'm looking for a mainly UK iptv service that offers catchup (on ITV3) or a way to record to the cloud and watch later and not too expensive. Please do not recommend vaders have tried and it buffers like crazy 90% of the time

enerdude

I'm looking for a mainly UK iptv service that offers catchup (on ITV3) or a way to record to the cloud and watch later and not too expensive. Please do not recommend vaders have tried and it buffers like crazy 90% of the time
https://hydrohosting.org

They offer 3 day cloud recording (automated) for 90% of all UK channels. Done through a kodi addon called 'coiniptv'
The thing with iptv and buffering is that you need to use a proxy / vpn to hide your traffic (especially in peak times 19:00 - 23:00) as most ISP will do packet inspecting and throttle you.

Hydrohosting provide a free proxy with their service to overcome this and also have a 1 day trial account

giloo777

https://hydrohosting.org

They offer 3 day cloud recording (automated) for 90% of all UK channels. Done through a kodi addon called 'coiniptv'
The thing with iptv and buffering is that you need to use a proxy / vpn to hide your traffic (especially in peak times 19:00 - 23:00) as most ISP will do packet inspecting and throttle you.

Hydrohosting provide a free proxy with their service to overcome this and also have a 1 day trial account
Currently using Helix IPTV and have little to no problems, even during EPL. There are certain times when it would buffer as you've said, during peak time. What I want to know is will the proxy the give you work if I watch IPTV on my Samsung Smart TV? Seems you need android/windows/iOS for any Proxy to work.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Currently on the R10 free month trial with https://www.enterstream.net So far the quality is decent no buffering at all but I think it's just because supersonic is that good on fibre. Coupon code is FIRSTFOR10

Now that I compare their pricing with what you guys are using it's a bit expensive @ R269 p/m but include all channels like UK/US/Series/Movies and Adult. I checked Helix IPTV and pricing seems fair because I don't need Adult channels.

ripclaw

Currently on the R10 free month trial with https://www.enterstream.net So far the quality is decent no buffering at all but I think it's just because supersonic is that good on fibre. Coupon code is FIRSTFOR10

Now that I compare their pricing with what you guys are using it's a bit expensive @ R269 p/m but include all channels like UK/US/Series/Movies and Adult. I checked Helix IPTV and pricing seems fair because I don't need Adult channels.
What resolution are their channels in?

enerdude

Currently using Helix IPTV and have little to no problems, even during EPL. There are certain times when it would buffer as you've said, during peak time. What I want to know is will the proxy the give you work if I watch IPTV on my Samsung Smart TV? Seems you need android/windows/iOS for any Proxy to work.
Well not sure of your tv model but chances are it does not have its own app store or it might have but be limited.
On android I use this app
You other option is to setup a vpn on your router itself. This feature however is not available on entry level routers.

Hydrohosting is R214 p/m or R481 per quarter (R160 p/m) - which is what I've used the last year or so. Quite reasonable if you look at what they offer as a whole. I did a review on them earlier in this thread.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hydrohosting is R214 p/m or R481 per quarter (R160 p/m) - which is what I've used the last year or so. Quite reasonable if you look at what they offer as a whole. I did a review on them earlier in this thread.
Looks like I will switch to them. They offer basically the same as enterstream except it's cheaper. What is the difference between Service #1 and Service#2 because they are the same price and MAGBOX #1 and MAGBOX #2

enerdude

Looks like I will switch to them. They offer basically the same as enterstream except it's cheaper. What is the difference between Service #1 and Service#2 because they are the same price and MAGBOX #1 and MAGBOX #2
They recently started Service #2 and sent an email to say it contains more channels but I have been on the Service #1 for the last year so not sure but I'm happy. They have a free trial for both services if you want to check the difference. Else just sign up for one trial and log a ticket on their website asking for channel lists for both to see the difference.

nova69

I have a iptv account that i no longer use
Network24 2 connections 6bucks per month you will pay the provider not me.I will change the user panel an give you the panel details which you can change.Pm if interested as i am going to cancel it anyway if no takers

Azg

Expert Member
Hydrohosting - I am trying them out for one month based on the recommendations in this thread.

I have found that almost all the videos in the catch-up section are incorrectly labelled e.g if you click on a file for Tsitsipas vs Rafa Nadal (Australian Open), you find it's something else. Or Match of the day 2 on BBC One - you find it's the news. This makes the catch-up less than useful.

Anyone else on Hydrohosting with the same problem?