What IPTV service is best?

HostingSupportZA

https://www.torrentday.com/t has the best IPTV I have found so far, you can generate your own playlist filtered by country or content then just download the playlist file and stream via VLC, only $10 pm, you need to be invited to join the site though ( 24 000 channels including SA / DSTV / Supersport channels :) You don`t need a VPN either, works fine even on a 10mb line 1582530894496.png

enerdude

Expert Member
https://www.torrentday.com/t has the best IPTV I have found so far, you can generate your own playlist filtered by country or content then just download the playlist file and stream via VLC, only $10 pm, you need to be invited to join the site though ( 24 000 channels including SA / DSTV / Supersport channels :) You don`t need a VPN either, works fine even on a 10mb line
Torrentday / iptorrents / iptv.memorial has been mentioned before in this thread and they are really not great at all. I tested them for 2-3 days and some of the SA channels went down for hours and also buffered quite badly.

cenredash

Expert Member
Torrentday / iptorrents / iptv.memorial has been mentioned before in this thread and they are really not great at all. I tested them for 2-3 days and some of the SA channels went down for hours and also buffered quite badly.
also, need to be invited, and if not invited, pay a donation to be a VIP member, allowing you to invite others, and then something about giving up your first born child, etc ... too much admin

enerdude

Expert Member
Am I the only one that thinks AFrihost is throttling your IPTV?
It is much more complex than a particular ISP doing throttling. Peak time daily is 19:00 - 23:00 and "risk" is then higher. But yeah, some ISPs are more restrictive than others (Telkom and few other comes to mind).

Personally been on vox fiber for over 2 years and have had great service, only hiccups being recently with the undersea cable break.

Jbn222

It is much more complex than a particular ISP doing throttling. Peak time daily is 19:00 - 23:00 and "risk" is then higher. But yeah, some ISPs are more restrictive than others (Telkom and few other comes to mind).

Personally been on vox fiber for over 2 years and have had great service, only hiccups being reln2tly with the undersea cable break.
Had buffering since November and with Vox on 20/2. Problem only now resolved. All sort of excuses

enerdude

Expert Member
Had buffering since November and with Vox on 20/2. Problem only now resolved. All sort of excuses
Then you have had bad luck. I even cancelled my telkom landline and ported my 011 number to their VOIP system - works a treat and dont pay for any calls within south africa. Even a 30 min+ call to the UK costs like R1 lol

Quintus26

Been using an Aliexpress IPTV service for the better part of a year. If I had to rate it out of 10, I'd say its been a good 7.5. Used a service called Rocksat - really wasn't bad at all and it was like R265 for the whole year. Was a genuine steal. I am looking for another reliable Aliexpress service if anyone can link me to one.

Christo4

There is a link in one of these 64 pages.
My experience with them was not so good. Very cheap yes.

LOTR

Hi all

I'm guessing there's a few MSTV users that frequent this thread.

I am currently assisting MSTV with testing and assessing the content and service offering of a new Provider that they are considering using. For me, I am seeing improvements to the current service via the new provider, but would like to ask others what they would expect should providers change to get a wider perspective. So I hope some of you would be kind enough to provide some input/feedback based on the following -

If you are a current MSTV user,
1.) What would you like to see as additional to the current service?
2.) Is there anything you'd like changed or improved upon regarding the service?
3.) What part of the service could you not do without?
4.) What could be taken away from service that you would not miss?
5.) Any other comment related to changing of providers?

You can post your replies here or send me a PM. I will use your comments/feedback in assessing the new provider's offerings.

As always, the MyBB members assistance is appreciated.

Luke7777

Executive Member
MSTV... drop 90% of the foreign countries and concentrate on US , Canada, Euro sport . Ok... maybe add a bit of Aus in there as well. I need to sub to ESPNPlayer right now, because MSTV's provider isn't carrying the US ACC Network (one of the biggest college conferences ) So I'm paying R200 for one channel :(

An example of a more US centered provider

Last edited:

cenredash

Expert Member
1.) What would you like to see as additional to the current service?

A standalone app.
Allowing multiple streams on the same IP Address. I know there is a concern about making this sustainable and sharing of accounts, but two streams on the same IP is not excessive.

2.) Is there anything you'd like changed or improved upon regarding the service?

Perhaps the development of an App that would allow more customisation of service. Choosing individual channels, countries, grouped favourites, etc. Alternatively having a portal to switch on what you would see on the app.
I know it is to allow for various levels of bandwidth availability and for redundancy during high loads, but it is a pain having FHD HD SD for lots and lots of channels.

Recordings.

3.) What part of the service could you not do without?

The live Sport. UK Football specifically and of course european football.

4.) What could be taken away from service that you would not miss?

Non English non sport channels

5.) Any other comment related to changing of providers?

mrafiq1

Hi.
Anyone using Top IPTV. See the running a leap year special for R398 for 3 months.
What's ur experience with them.
Thanks

Christo4

Today I had some time to really take JP Limitless IPTV for a drive. On my 4mb copper line the SD channels are streaming A1 except for F1 SD. Lots of buffering.
But my question: BT Sports have a few 1920 x 1080 channels streaming at 50 fps. For 15 to 20 seconds I got it to stream before buffering took over. What a beautiful picture!
The FHD, HD and SD channels normally stream at 25 fps.
What line speed will give you buffer free steaming at 50 or even 60 fps?

enerdude

Expert Member
Today I had some time to really take JP Limitless IPTV for a drive. On my 4mb copper line the SD channels are streaming A1 except for F1 SD. Lots of buffering.
But my question: BT Sports have a few 1920 x 1080 channels streaming at 50 fps. For 15 to 20 seconds I got it to stream before buffering took over. What a beautiful picture!
The FHD, HD and SD channels normally stream at 25 fps.
What line speed will give you buffer free steaming at 50 or even 60 fps?
10 mbps should do it provided you not doing anything else while streaming. Else 15mbps or more (sort of LTE avg speed in most areas I've seen, some people get well above 15mbps if they are well located)

Fiber usually is 10mbps and next step up is 20mbps

Valgov

Tested the below on Hydro2

Line - 20mb Fibre
Samsung Smart tv
Kodi on Pi3
VLC on laptop

SmartIPTV app no longer available on Samsung, changed over to Set IPTV app.
Set IPTV app takes some getting used to

m3u file is rather large @25mb

Hydro Service 2

Service- A lot more channels UK/US, channels are FHD, HD, SD. Service is very stable and the quality is good
Sports - Good selection for soccer and American sport
Movies - large movie collection, a lot don't work
Series - Large series collection, abit dated

Kodi on PI3 - Didn't work, channels not loading
VLC on a laptop - Took some time to work

will update end of month

February was a bit of a battle with troubleshooting my tv issues.
Netflix and youtube was fine, but constant timeouts on IPTV -hydro2 and Prime Video
Setip tv refused to play at all at times
@ one point requested Hydro to switch me to Hosting 1, which they did within 15min :). That didnt fix the issue

turns out I had to ditch the trusted Samsung smart tv.

Got me an Ematic 4k tv box
Loaded everything up:

IPTV Smarter with Hydro2
Zion TV

Must say IPTV is a lot smoother on the tvbox

Last edited:

cenredash

Expert Member
Help, someone mentioned a good app to use for the tv series and movies sections of global IPTV but I can't find it.

Any suggestions? Its not the performance, but the layout that I find irritating.

Thanks

stehamo

Wh
Help, someone mentioned a good app to use for the tv series and movies sections of global IPTV but I can't find it.

Any suggestions? Its not the performance, but the layout that I find irritating.

Thanks
what app are you currently using ?