What IPTV service is best?

enerdude

Hydrohosting - I am trying them out for one month based on the recommendations in this thread.

I have found that almost all the videos in the catch-up section are incorrectly labelled e.g if you click on a file for Tsitsipas vs Rafa Nadal (Australian Open), you find it's something else. Or Match of the day 2 on BBC One - you find it's the news. This makes the catch-up less than useful.

Anyone else on Hydrohosting with the same problem?
Yeah sent them a message about it long ago and the solution is to set your device to UK time zone (currently 2 hours back, changes later in the year to 1 hour). This obviously then affects your other apps. When asked if they going to fix the coiniptv addon (used for catchup) I did not really get an answer so modified it myself.

You can download it here

You need to put the init.py in the coiniptv plugin folder and overwrite the current file.

On windows it is %userprofile%\appdata\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.coiniptv
You can search google to find android and other platform locations or use a file manager and search for plugin.video.coiniptv folder.

After doing this the correct content will show on the catchup but note it is in UK timezone (2 hours behind at moment) although the normal guide used for the live channels in the simple tv pvr addon is adjusted for our time zone (unchanged as it was before modifying the coiniptv addon)

Reactions: Azg

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I'm also trialling hydro hosting. Using with kodi. I followed their example as given in the link in the sigb up mail. I'm using PVR IPTV Simple Client- so recommend me a decent client please? Also, is there any way to make use of recording?

enerdude

I'm also trialling hydro hosting. Using with kodi. I followed their example as given in the link in the sigb up mail. I'm using PVR IPTV Simple Client- so recommend me a decent client please? Also, is there any way to make use of recording?

No you cannot record yourself, they record past 3 days for 90% of their live channels in the cloud. To access it you have to install the coiniptv addon.
Tutorial: https://hydrohosting.org/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/18/HOW-TO-ADD-CUSTOM-KODI-ADDON.html

In the tutorial you will see that they mention to adjust your timezone 2 hours. I made a fix to avoid having to do this - look 2 posts back from this post.

PVR simple client works fine for me cause it adds the tv guide. Only downside is that it takes about 2 minutes to load every time you start kodi. You can alternatively use any client that can use a m3u like vlc but you won't have a tv guide.

enerdude

Hydrohosting - I am trying them out for one month based on the recommendations in this thread.

I have found that almost all the videos in the catch-up section are incorrectly labelled e.g if you click on a file for Tsitsipas vs Rafa Nadal (Australian Open), you find it's something else. Or Match of the day 2 on BBC One - you find it's the news. This makes the catch-up less than useful.

Anyone else on Hydrohosting with the same problem?
They have a new iptv smarters android app which has a great interface for live tv (with tv guide), VOD and catchup.
Download: http://repo.pitv.za.com/pitvrepo/files/smarterspro1.7.9.8_40.apk

Tutorial: https://hydrohosting.org/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/25/HOW-TO-INSTALL-SMARTERS-APP-ON-ANDROID.html

When setting up the 'api' user the url is: http://iptv-pitv.net/

There is also a windows app but the catchup part not finished yet:
https://www.whmcssmarters.com/clients/index.php?rp=/download/category/15/Windows-App.html

edit:
The iptv smarters android app allow you to record anytime and anything you want and set a timer.
The cloud recording by them now allows for 7 days

Last edited:

Christo4

Yes but forms need to filled in and when it comes to giving any financial detail I need to understand fully what's going on. So no try your luck somewhere else.

stepper

Expert Member
Any SD contents providers/services out there? My internet is the sh*ts

Christo4

When I last checked streamiptv.co.za - UK channels, SD streaming was A1. Good for 4 mb ADSL line. Also try the HD and FHD. They sometimes also stream in SD when the SD is down. Good luck.

Cavallino

When I last checked streamiptv.co.za - UK channels, SD streaming was A1. Good for 4 mb ADSL line. Also try the HD and FHD. They sometimes also stream in SD when the SD is down. Good luck.
Thanks to Christo4 and others on this forum & thread, I have also gone down the streamiptv route. Great menu...large selection, top quality streams....SPORTS...& Sky F1...and great service right here on our doorstep. Very happy....and all this for only R150pm.....!!

cenredash

Expert Member
Streamiptv, is their website down?

Concentric

Well mostly foreign channels. Could be handy for a news channel or 2 or maybe one or 2 other channels but no premium channels like your sport / documentary (discovery etc) and so forth.
it has discovery espn

enerdude

it has discovery espn
Yes but these are public. They are being overloaded so in peak times you going to get buffering. If I say 'sport' I mean mainstream stuff like sky sports. You not going to watch our cricket / rugby on espn.

Concentric

Yes but these are public. They are being overloaded so in peak times you going to get buffering. If I say 'sport' I mean mainstream stuff like sky sports. You not going to watch our cricket / rugby on espn.
cool.
Just found it
Dont need to use it :)

fisher77

Hi guys, I am relatively new to IPTV. I have decided to cut the cord. I have a streaming device purchased from takealot; H96mini 1gb RAM and 8GB internal storage supported with an external storage. I just subscribed to The Players Klub from reddit but the service buffers so much it vexes me.
I do not know if my device is too weak to stream HD even though it says it streams 4K, also I am using RAIN mobile sim in a Hauwei B315 router, I noticed a significant change when I connect through ethernet but still doesn't help.

I have a few questions; Is it my device? Is RAIN mobile network not able to stream HD live TV channels?
I also enjoy buffer free TV when using livenettv or TAP TV apps on same device but they stream in lower quality.

I need assistance please.

Thanks