What IPTV service is best?

Christo4

Use the speed test of forum and report back.
Rain may reduce your speed.
Use the ethernet.
1gb ram?
Main culprit may be The Players Club. Ask Reddit re this.

fisher77

Ping: 31ms
Download: 3.51Mbps
Upload: 3.72Mbps

This is the speed as of right now, I am disappointed with rain, that's poor for streaming, isn't it?
I have heard complains about TPK but I already had trials from several providers and some seem to do ok but not without buffering for a few seconds, difficult to watch a match with the buffering here and there.

fisher77

Hi guys, I think I have finally found a solution to the buffering, its simply getting the right provider and HydroHosting is the right one for me. Someone made a mention of them earlier in the thread and using it over the weekend was smooth and very little buffering, I am yet to try it with live sports cos the trial didn't come with sports and some channel. I am paying for a month to give it a test.

Naks

Expert Member
I just tried HydroHosting, but the channel selection is pretty lame: no sports at all, and no VH1 classic.

fisher77

I just tried HydroHosting, but the channel selection is pretty lame: no sports at all, and no VH1 classic.
They did state that not all channels will be included in trials. Someone posted their channel list with all dem sports section. So far it's been good and I'll sub for a month.

Vrystaat Veldtjies

In the meantime the following: Around 1 000 channels.
USA mostly HD and FHD.
UK the same but also some SD.
Channels from Canada, Australia, etc.
Bein sports..
TV comedy, drama, reality, top 50 movies, crime, etc.
Samsung Smart Tv = smart iptv app. Free for 7 days and then a once of payment. R5.49 Eur.
For PC I use Vlc.
Android I use GSE IPTV APP.
You can also use it on kodi. Not for me so no info.
I have telkom 4mb adsl line. I stream sd with no buffering..
For streaning the rest you need 10mb but preferably 20mb.
Yes sometimes some channels are down like the last 2 days but they are quick to fix it and keep you updated.
Month to month R150.
QUESTION: PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO THE HOSTING COMPANY IS? WE ARE WITH HYDROHOSTING AND IT IS A NIGHTMARE AS WE ARE PAYING R308.. FOR 2 SERVICES AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOWN LAST 24 HOURS GIVEN US NEW URL'S WHICH STILL DO NOT WORK AND NO SUPPORT UP TO THIS HOUR.....

Vrystaat Veldtjies

In the meantime the following: Around 1 000 channels.
USA mostly HD and FHD.
UK the same but also some SD.
Channels from Canada, Australia, etc.
Bein sports..
TV comedy, drama, reality, top 50 movies, crime, etc.
Samsung Smart Tv = smart iptv app. Free for 7 days and then a once of payment. R5.49 Eur.
For PC I use Vlc.
Android I use GSE IPTV APP.
You can also use it on kodi. Not for me so no info.
I have telkom 4mb adsl line. I stream sd with no buffering..
For streaning the rest you need 10mb but preferably 20mb.
Yes sometimes some channels are down like the last 2 days but they are quick to fix it and keep you updated.
Month to month R150.
Hi, please tell me which service provider you are subscribing to and we are with Hydrohosting and these last days have been a nightmare as we have had no channels and the URL they provide does not work no matter how we enter and re enter, restart etc etc. Very frustrating to say the least.

ripclaw

Hi, please tell me which service provider you are subscribing to and we are with Hydrohosting and these last days have been a nightmare as we have had no channels and the URL they provide does not work no matter how we enter and re enter, restart etc etc. Very frustrating to say the least.
I subscribe to both Hydro and StreamIPTV. Currently watching F2 in FHD on StreamIPTV.

I think that Hydro is currently down.

Vrystaat Veldtjies

I subscribe to both Hydro and StreamIPTV. Currently watching F2 in FHD on StreamIPTV.

I think that Hydro is currently down.
Thank you for the reply, after trying all new passwords old settings, switching on then off resetting the routers etc etc then just giving up we switched on last night and all the channels were again functioning on the old settings as the new settings did not work .... no reply from Hydrohosting and then again a reply asking if we had switched on and off even our wi fi router ..... something is wrong and it is definitely not on our side. But alls is well we will grin and bear it until next time.... thank you again

ripclaw

Thank you for the reply, after trying all new passwords old settings, switching on then off resetting the routers etc etc then just giving up we switched on last night and all the channels were again functioning on the old settings as the new settings did not work .... no reply from Hydrohosting and then again a reply asking if we had switched on and off even our wi fi router ..... something is wrong and it is definitely not on our side. But alls is well we will grin and bear it until next time.... thank you again
Something that might help others. I've got 2 Nvidia Shields with the IP Smarters app installed. After resetting my network equipment, I still couldn't view any streams from Hydrohosting. By sheer chance, I ran IP Smarters on my iPad, and it worked! Going back into both of my Shields, I signed out of my API account, and then re-signed in. It worked! Currently watching some IPL cricket.

Not related to the above, I just wanted to say that watching F1 in ESPN2 in 60fps is absolutely glorious!

L-Dog

How is the Sport ? I have requested a channel list but not received anything yet. (StreamIPTV)

Mainly interested in EPL. Super Rugy and Cricket

Cavallino

I use StreamIPTV...have found them very helpful, replies are quick and courteous. The streams are really good ... (ask Christo4) but I would like to know from any forumite on this platform how to set up timer recordings. I have moved over to the Pro version (small once off fee) which is the one for timer recordings but seem to only get to record something up to 2 days ahead. I am on occasion away for a week and would like to know how to record a F1 GP say a week ahead. I stream on a Nvidia Sheild with separate 500Gig HDD. Thank you.

cenredash

Expert Member
Hi, does StreamIPTV stream local rugby games or is all international content?
By Local do you mean super rugby or currie cup? ...

I've seen most of the super rugby via sky ....
Depending on what is on in the UK, occasional currie cup matches but not all of them - last year sky had the rights to currie cup, but sometimes only on their streaming network (which isn't on the IPTV services) so not on the channels that we usually receive.. .

International matches have been on sky.

cenredash

Expert Member
Hi, I meant currie cup yes, what is the min internet speed requirements?
Not sure about the speeds.
I have a 10 meg line and it does well. Most of the streams are HD and Full HD .. and seems to take 4-6Mb/s on the FHD streams.

mercury12

Expert Member
I use StreamIPTV...have found them very helpful, replies are quick and courteous. The streams are really good ... (ask Christo4) but I would like to know from any forumite on this platform how to set up timer recordings. I have moved over to the Pro version (small once off fee) which is the one for timer recordings but seem to only get to record something up to 2 days ahead. I am on occasion away for a week and would like to know how to record a F1 GP say a week ahead. I stream on a Nvidia Sheild with separate 500Gig HDD. Thank you.
What's the cost? Which channels do you get?