What is a good latop fan/cooler?

khaada

I'm sure we have all had the problem of a laptop overheating and getting uncomfortable to use. I finally decided to get a laptop cooler and searched around for a bit until I found a great one. The one I am using at the moment is Cooler Master Notepal X3,there are quite a few places where you can get it, http://www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/31531915/Cooler+Master+NotePal+X3+Notebook+Cooler/#offers. I use a 17 inch gaming laptop and it tends to overheat but after using the cooler master I noticed it stayed at a much more comfortable temperature and as a added bonus they included a front vent to keep your palm dry which most gamers know can get sweaty if you are playing right.

mr_norris

Expert Member
My laptop is slightly elevated. Gives it enough air flow IMO.

I had a cheapy laptop cooler, one of the fan blades broke, and eventually the fan seized. It was clumsy to use anyway, so I never got another one.

I suppose it depends on circumstances. My laptop downloads 24 / 7, is a media player and sometimes I work on it or use it to study. In my case, I just enabled power saving mode (through windows). It downclocks the CPU when it's not needed. This makes a tiny difference when it comes to heat, and a hell of a difference when it comes to performance :p

What I would suggest is elevating your laptop slightly, and then buying one of these. That way when you aren't gaming, you can use the fan to cool yourself :)