What is DSTV going to do with the Drifta and iOS?

renierp

I recently acquired a DSTV Drifta. I installed the DSTV Decoder on my phone and when I opened it, I got an error saying that it is not compatible with jailbroken devices and then it exits. Upon some research, I found that they added the check bacause of content protection, as there are cydia apps that enabled video out.
Long story short, the nice guys at XSellize 'fixed' a copy for us that disables this check, and you can use it on a jailbroken device.

iOS 4.3 will be launched next friday, and Apple included TV out support for iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (with a $39 adapter obviously). Thus, all apps will be able to output via HDMI or VGA.

Needless to say, I am making backups of the official app and 'altered'copy as we speak. If all goes well, I might be able to output the Drifta to full screen on my tv after all (quality won't be great though)

So a suggestion to anyone considering to buy a Drifta soon, download the Free decoder so long, incase they disable this feature in newer releases

Refraction

When is East london getting the Drifta signal, anyone care to answer. Great if this works.

Primo

I recently acquired a DSTV Drifta. I installed the DSTV Decoder on my phone and when I opened it, I got an error saying that it is not compatible with jailbroken devices and then it exits. Upon some research, I found that they added the check bacause of content protection, as there are cydia apps that enabled video out.
Long story short, the nice guys at XSellize 'fixed' a copy for us that disables this check, and you can use it on a jailbroken device.

iOS 4.3 will be launched next friday, and Apple included TV out support for iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (with a $39 adapter obviously). Thus, all apps will be able to output via HDMI or VGA.

Needless to say, I am making backups of the official app and 'altered'copy as we speak. If all goes well, I might be able to output the Drifta to full screen on my tv after all (quality won't be great though)

So a suggestion to anyone considering to buy a Drifta soon, download the Free decoder so long, incase they disable this feature in newer releases

where can i find the free decoder in cydia? i ran a search and i cant find it.. i have xsellize as a repo

renierp

Would be nice, although I can see DSTV not enabling the HDMI-out.

Provided apple allows this API call. Judging by last night's presentation, video out will be available for all apps. Either way, think it will be much nicer than the 300pixels the Drifta outputs on the TV when running it from my computer

where can i find the free decoder in cydia? i ran a search and i cant find it.. i have xsellize as a repo

It is not in cydia, do a search on the XSellize forums, you will find it there