What is Huawei 1 + 8 + N strategy?

rubber_otter

Expert Member
“1 + 8 + N” According to Yu Chengdong, Huawei’s 1 + 8 + N strategy uses a mobile phone as the main entrance, and 8 commonly used terminal devices such as speakers, tablets, PCs, and watches as auxiliary entrances, and then uses 1 + 8 to connect all smart IoT devices. 1 + 8 + N strategic layout, Huawei said that in the near future, lighting, monitoring, and home appliances can be controlled by the above-mentioned terminal equipment. Behind all this is the gradual maturity of Huawei’s 5G technology. 5G connects everything and leads the overall scene layout.

So in short, 1+8+N is connecting everything to everything. Pretty simple, really :)

1599761555182.png

Last edited:

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Sounds interesting. How does this affect the every day user?

Well, seamless connectivity. Imagine not having to go look for a cable to transfer content from your phone to your laptop. Or one touch pairing to a bluetooth speaker. Streaming music from your watch to your earphones. The possibilities are endless.

It has been said that your fridge ordering your food that has run out is close, but i think with 5G and proper IoT device integration, it is a possibility, and soon.

Huawei should make fridges :D

rubber_otter

Expert Member
No cable to transfer documents? I am confused, how does that work?
Check out this video:

I have played with this feature, and it is great. It is also possible to connect your phone to a compatible tablet.

Strydies

“1 + 8 + N” According to Yu Chengdong, Huawei’s 1 + 8 + N strategy uses a mobile phone as the main entrance, and 8 commonly used terminal devices such as speakers, tablets, PCs, and watches as auxiliary entrances, and then uses 1 + 8 to connect all smart IoT devices. 1 + 8 + N strategic layout, Huawei said that in the near future, lighting, monitoring, and home appliances can be controlled by the above-mentioned terminal equipment. Behind all this is the gradual maturity of Huawei’s 5G technology. 5G connects everything and leads the overall scene layout.

So in short, 1+8+N is connecting everything to everything. Pretty simple, really :)

View attachment 910578
Very cool, lots to look forward too.

rubber_otter

Expert Member
There really seems to be limited information in SA about all this. I have been furiously googling this, and seemingly there are mainly Thai articles about this. :ROFL: Regardless, see below:

According to the business strategy for 1 + 8 + N, which is the core of Huawi’s development of smart devices to meet users’ needs and lifestyles for all-inclusive 5 The most important situations in life are Smart Home, Smart Office, Smart Travel, Fitness & Health and Entertainment. (Entertainment)