What is like to work at Discovery Group Sandton Head Office?

KingAuthor

I often hear from people (who have never worked there) say that it is the best place to work at. They describe it as the 'South African Google' in terms of the work environment, benefits and service they offer to their employees, such as gym and other convenient services.

For those who work or have worked at their Sandton Head office, how are the working conditions and the environment there?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I often hear from people (who have never worked there) say that it is the best place to work at. They describe it as the 'South African Google' in terms of the work environment, benefits and service they offer to their employees, such as gym and other convenient services.

For those who work or have worked at their Sandton Head office, how are the working conditions and the environment there?
Imagine getting your employer to pay for the issuance of your sick notes! :D

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Must be pretty good, as not much works get done there judging by how good the app works lol

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
haven't been there myself, but worked for a consultancy that placed plenty people there for big projects, including some that reported directly to me

all in all it sounded "ok", sure as hell no "SA Google" by any stretch of the imagination, just another big corporate office with big corporate politics and money to burn

there's a reason they needed so many consultants though ... in-house skills/capacity was severely lacking, no idea if that has changed since, the only exec from there I ever met though was a bangin' hot eastern European lass, so there might be some eye-candy at the very least

McT

The Humble Scot!
haven't been there myself, but worked for a consultancy that placed plenty people there for big projects, including some that reported directly to me

all in all it sounded "ok", sure as hell no "SA Google" by any stretch of the imagination, just another big corporate office with big corporate politics and money to burn

there's a reason they needed so many consultants though ... in-house skills/capacity was severely lacking, no idea if that has changed since, the only exec from there I ever met though was a bangin' hot eastern European lass, so there might be some eye-candy at the very least
Hopefully you contract has been exploited to the max, you no longer need said contact and you are immune to said corporate clamping down on your butt.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Hopefully you contract has been exploited to the max, you no longer need said contact and you are immune to said corporate clamping down on your butt.
I resigned from said consultancy a while ago, hell I'm already on my second full time employer since then, so yeah: I'm immune to both my past employer and their big corporate client by now.