what is something, what is nothing

saturnz

Honorary Master
You deserve a right backhand for this attitude.
are you justifying violence now because you are unhappy with what somebody said? you seem a little intolerant, in your world who gets to decide who can be violent? you?

Since when am I not allowed to voice my own considerations on a matter? You can say what you bloody well want but I cannot?
I do not say what I bloody well want, that is a strawman on your part.

How about sticking to my argument you muppet. Is there something wrong or illogical about it? If so, say so, and state why so we can formalize a discussion around it... don't come with BS like this.
and sticking to your argument? this is not your argument, thats your arrogance showing through now, expecting people to engage your subjective thoughts, refer to post 134 on objectivity.

What is it with everyone who disagrees with me on PD section testing my character always???
do some introspection

Bobbin

Executive Member
are you justifying violence now because you are unhappy with what somebody said? you seem a little intolerant, in your world who gets to decide who can be violent? you?
I despise arrogance. A lot! It assumes unsolicited authority thus you are the first aggressor in this situation, don't try this reverse tactic with me, it's making you look even worse.

and sticking to your argument? this is not your argument, thats your arrogance showing through now, expecting people to engage your subjective thoughts, refer to post 134 on objectivity.
My argument was regarding infinity and randomness being synonymous. How about you get on that okay?

I did not ask for flippant remarks about my subjective views. All views are subjective FFS.

If you wanted me to refer to a post as a counter argument you could have just said it and we'd have carried on in a civilized fashion. No idiot remarks required.

Bobbin

Executive Member
nobody cares, look at the title of the thread okay
You and Prawnapple were debating about infinite regress.

Your stance was that it appeals to a first mover problem and that one cannot consolidate it otherwise.
Prawnapples stance is that we simply do not know.
I offered a third possibility. Just a simple if/then proposition to consider. Use it/lose it/discuss it/whatever.

That is all that happened. Now please explain you targeting/belittling my subjective views all of a sudden?? Mr. lookatthetitle. Where did that come from? (You've done it before which lends further credence to my reaction)

We need to address this issue you have with me before we continue. Or simply part ways. Your call.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
You and Prawnapple were debating about infinite regress.

Your stance was that it appeals to a first mover problem and that one cannot consolidate it otherwise.
Prawnapples stance is that we simply do not know.
I offered a third possibility. Just a simple if/then proposition to consider.

That is all that happened. Now please explain you targeting my subjective views all of a sudden?? Where did that come from? (You've done it before which lends further credence to my reaction)

We need to address this issue you have with me before we continue. Or simply part ways. Your call.
we were not debating infinite regress, we came to an end and the discussion was concluded.

we exchanged pleasantries and moved on so your description of what happened is simply false

as for your third possibility, well it is at this stage...only your third possibility, unless you can show somebody credible has stated the same possibility, I'm not going to entertain it, once again refer to my post on objectivity.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
You deserve a right backhand for this attitude. This isn't the first time either.

Since when am I not allowed to voice my own considerations on a matter? You can say what you bloody well want but I cannot?

I cannot believe the arrogance :/

How about sticking to my argument you muppet. You asked how does one reconcile it did you not??? Is there something wrong or illogical about the possibility I put forward? If so, say so, and state why so we can formalize a discussion around it... don't come with BS like this. "Oh what does it matter what your views are...". This is primary school antics ffs.

What is it with everyone who disagrees with me on PD section going straight to my character always??? Are they that weak?
The chip on his shoulder is bigger than his tollie.

bromster

Expert Member
Each person lives and experiences existence in his or her own way. Since this creates disparity in each individual's perception, arguing your view with the view of another is as fruitless as trying to explore what scientists infer to be an endless universe. Also, subjective view is all that we have as human beings.

Saturnz is quite correct in one aspect. Instead of looking outward into the cosmos for nothing, introspection is much more useful as the same nothingness we gawk at in interstellar space exists within all of us.

On the topic of nothingness, this touches on it quite nicely in a spiritual way. It shifted my perspective profoundly.

Splinter

Honorary Master
You and your selective quotes. You seem to pick them subjectively.....

You show me one computer philosopher. Otherwise, humans gonna be human.

I must say though, this quote will come in handy in discussions about religion.

Bobbin

Executive Member
we were not debating infinite regress, we came to an end and the discussion was concluded.

we exchanged pleasantries and moved on so your description of what happened is simply false

as for your third possibility, well it is at this stage...only your third possibility, unless you can show somebody credible has stated the same possibility, I'm not going to entertain it, once again refer to my post on objectivity.
*sigh

The idea is either logically valid or it isn't. We don't have to question one another's credibility on the matter. But in any case as someone who has deeply invested his free time into this crap for many many years I am credible enough to offer at least an alternate consideration. I'm not referencing anything or making any claims. It's a simple if/then statement. One needn't get all saucy about where it comes from.

I'm starting to suspect that the thought of infinite regress to random has challenged your initial inconsolable proposition to your opponent to such a degree that you are a bit flustered bud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Because you've yet to actually contest it rather than conveniently discard it because I'm so not credible and all that jazz.

And to think it wasn't even aimed at you to begin with. 'twas but a general statement based on the preceding content for anyone to consider if they wished. :/

Anyway I'm bored now. Have fun my dude. This is getting nowhere. Until your next rude comment shall we meet again I suppose.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
But in any case as someone who has deeply invested his free time into this crap for many many years I am credible enough to offer at least an alternate consideration.
LOL

and I'm the one thats supposedly arrogant

you have already shown a tendency to condone violence and now your arrogance is coming through

keep going

Bobbin

Executive Member
LOL

and I'm the one thats supposedly arrogant

you have already shown a tendency to condone violence and now your arrogance is coming through

keep going
I can only think this is a troll comment as its so disjointed from truth... good luck.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I can only think this is a troll comment as its so disjointed from truth... good luck.
are you saying you did not say I deserved a "backhand" for my "attitude"?

are you denying stating that?

since when is violence an appropriate action for "attitude"?

Bobbin

Executive Member
are you saying you did not say I deserved a "backhand" for my "attitude"?

are you denying stating that?

since when is violence an appropriate action for "attitude"?
As one who tends towards individualism I don't tolerate force, threats, coercion and all forms of aggression - and yes I will condone violence in response to these when necessary. They deserve no place in society.

Definition: Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing - This kind of speech is a passive-aggressive approach to giving someone a verbal put-down while maintaining a facade of reasonableness or friendliness.

Like I said before, you were the first aggressor. My verbal reaction should tell you how low my tolerance is for what you did.

Nice attempt to reverse portray me as the bad guy once again :ROFL: Almost seems a little narcissistic at this point.

saturnz

Honorary Master
As one who tends towards individualism I don't tolerate force, threats, coercion and all forms of aggression - and yes I will condone violence in response to these when necessary. They deserve no place in society.

Definition: Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing - This kind of speech is a passive-aggressive approach to giving someone a verbal put-down while maintaining a facade of reasonableness or friendliness.

Like I said before, you were the first aggressor. My verbal reaction should tell you how low my tolerance is for what you did.

Nice attempt to reverse portray me as the bad guy once again :ROFL: Almost seems a little narcissistic at this point.
I was aggressive?, and so now you think I deserve to be assaulted?

if that makes sense to you then go with that