what is something, what is nothing

Splinter

Honorary Master
As one who tends towards individualism I don't tolerate force, threats, coercion and all forms of aggression - and yes I will condone violence in response to these when necessary. They deserve no place in society.
Actually - having read fully, you are out of bounds with this comment. You cannot condone violence for a verbal dispute. If you feel things have gone out of the boundaries of this section, RBP. If you cannot handle the debate, leave this particular sub-forum.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Actually - having read fully, you are out of bounds with this comment. You cannot condone violence for a verbal dispute. If you feel things have gone out of the boundaries of this section, RBP. If you cannot handle the debate, leave this particular sub-forum.
Actually, my response to him was verbal. I did not physically backhand him. I stated he deserved it in response. My feedback on violence is somewhat unrelated, he's taking my reaction to an extreme (It's a clear diversion tactic for the audience) but I made it clear I actually do condone violence under certain conditions. I WILL NOT tolerate that attitude, ever! Doesn't matter which forum it is. Not from you, not from the bloody Queen herself.

If you want more of that attitude floating about and more people like me gone, then enjoy your animal farm. I never resort to belittling people randomly and I expect the same from others.

Or, you know, I can start insulting you continuously and see how you like it :) Then your only option would be to disengage and lose out on meaningful discussion and leave. Wouldn't that be fun? Yeah I guess not.

This ultimatum of fit in or f**k off is also not acceptable (Don't get me started at you now! :ROFL: :ROFL:) unless you want to perpetuate what I'm fighting against. You'll get what you wish for in that case (Forum full of narcissists), I'm sure you wouldn't want that no?

Opposing views are fine. Insults are not. It's that simple. And yes maybe I should backhand every person who insults me on an ongoing basis... :unsure: :ROFL:

Last edited:

Bobbin

Executive Member
Anyway what's done is done. Apologies to all for side-track.

If you wish to discuss moral interaction, fair responses, when violence is justified and what not we can start another thread.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Actually, my response to him was verbal. I did not physically backhand him. I stated he deserved it in response. My feedback on violence is somewhat unrelated, he's taking my reaction to an extreme (It's a clear diversion tactic for the audience) but I made it clear I actually do condone violence under certain conditions. I WILL NOT tolerate that attitude, ever! Doesn't matter which forum it is. Not from you, not from the bloody Queen herself.

If you want more of that attitude floating about and more people like me gone, then enjoy your animal farm. I never resort to belittling people randomly and I expect the same from others.

Or, you know, I can start insulting you continuously and see how you like it :) Then your only option would be to disengage and lose out on meaningful discussion and leave. Wouldn't that be fun? Yeah I guess not.

This ultimatum of fit in or f**k off is also not acceptable (Don't get me started at you now! :ROFL: :ROFL:) unless you want to perpetuate what I'm fighting against. You'll get what you wish for in that case (Forum full of narcissists), I'm sure you wouldn't want that no?

Opposing views are fine. Insults are not. It's that simple. And yes maybe I should backhand every person who insults me on an ongoing basis... :unsure: :ROFL:

Sorry dude, but you can't say a threat of physical violence is justified because you can't handle a verbal insult.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Sorry dude, but you can't say a threat of physical violence is justified because you can't handle a verbal insult.
If I tell you that you deserve a slap for being immoral, does that mean I'm threatening?

Splinter

Honorary Master
If I tell you that you deserve a slap for being immoral, does that mean I'm threatening?
One could say so. Plus it's too late to try some semantic squirming. You have subsequently said you felt violence would be justified by his attitude.

" I made it clear I actually do condone violence under certain conditions. I WILL NOT tolerate that attitude"

If this isn't a threat then I guess I need you to tell me what is.

Bobbin

Executive Member
One could say so. Plus it's too late to try some semantic squirming. You have subsequently said you felt violence would be justified by his attitude.

" I made it clear I actually do condone violence under certain conditions. I WILL NOT tolerate that attitude"

If this isn't a threat then I guess I need you to tell me what is.
Under certain conditions. Those conditions were explained to him as follows:

As one who tends towards individualism I don't tolerate force, threats, coercion and all forms of aggression - and yes I will condone violence in response to these when necessary. They deserve no place in society.
That means that there are extreme cases where violence is necessary. i.e. fighting against slavery, defending the innocent or one's self from imminent harm. He used a far too broad statement concerning when I condone violence (As though I condone violence across the board), so I clarified. Simple as that.

His insult (not the first time), while passive-aggressive by definition, wouldn't qualify with physical response - but I was still frustrated enough to say he deserved a backhand and I stick by that reaction. Enough is enough.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Under certain conditions. Those conditions were explained to him as follows:

That means that there are extreme cases where violence is necessary. i.e. fighting against slavery, defending the innocent or one's self from imminent harm. He used a far too broad statement concerning when I condone violence (As though I condone violence across the board), so I clarified. Simple as that.
I think you are shifting goal posts here.

Splinter

Honorary Master
See edit. I haven't budged one bit.
Dude, go read your own post #140 again.

You said he deserved a right backhand for his attitude. Said attitude being ensconced in his response about your subjective opinions. Then you moaned and sulked about people going at you re your personal traits.

It sweet effall to do with slavery, defending the innocent or protecting yourself from imminent harm.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Dude, go read your own post #140 again.

You said he deserved a right backhand for his attitude. Said attitude being ensconced in his response about your subjective opinions. Then you moaned and sulked about people going at you re your personal traits.

It sweet effall to do with slavery, defending the innocent or protecting yourself from imminent harm.
Dude! Read!

are you justifying violence now because you are unhappy with what somebody said? you seem a little intolerant, in your world who gets to decide who can be violent? you?
See above!!! He asked me about my general stance on violence (who gets to decide). So now I had to clarify/distinguish between my reaction and my general stance. This isn't difficult!

Splinter

Honorary Master
Dude! Read!

See above!!! He asked me about my general stance on violence (who gets to decide). So now I had to clarify. This isn't difficult!
Tell me something. What is the attitude you will not tolerate. and seem willing to employ violence against?

Bobbin

Executive Member
Tell me something. What is the attitude you will not tolerate. and seem willing to employ violence against?
I won't tolerate insults but I never said I'm willing to employ violence against it. Where did I say I'm willing? Where did I say I'm the one who's going to do anything? Don't conflate.

But come to think about it if I insulted a near death cancer patient on their baldness I'd expect a backhand in any event. So maybe there's degrees to this situation I hadn't thought about. :) lol.

Last edited:

saturnz

Honorary Master
You're excused

But I don't care for your subjective objection. It's not credible enough.
its not subjective, you flat out lied, my context for you condoning violence was pretty specific, not sure where these slaves come from