What is the best and cost effective portable internet option?

newjourno

I live between two places, one has internet and the other does not. Looking for a good portable option. Currently, I am working with the 200gb one off 365 day data package offered by Cell C but I will consider something else if better.

The only issue with this package is that I can only really use it for browsing and doing remote work.

kabusi

If you have the coverage Rain can suffice for both sites since it is portable and the speeds are pretty decent for streaming etc.

quovadis

Expert Member
You might want to look at Telkom mobile - prepaid sim. I use a few gigs adhoc mobile data (every other week or so) and for example their Mo'Nice deals give you 6.5GB for R77 valid for 10 days. Other deals: 1.25GB @ R15.90 for 1 day. 20GB @ R199 for 14 days etc. Obviously depends on your own usage volume etc but worth looking into.

kabusi

If you can afford to gamble on getting good deals then Mo Nice is nice but have found that of late the deals are No Nice

quovadis

Expert Member
If you can afford to gamble on getting good deals then Mo Nice is nice but have found that of late the deals are No Nice
I generally can find something to my liking more on prepaid than on postpaid contract sims. The last day or two of the month can be problematic but I can mitigate that.

kabusi

I generally can find something to my liking more on prepaid than on postpaid contract sims. The last day or two of the month can be problematic but I can mitigate that.
You are one of the lucky ones then.

Excalibur

Expert Member
You might want to look at Telkom mobile - prepaid sim. I use a few gigs adhoc mobile data (every other week or so) and for example their Mo'Nice deals give you 6.5GB for R77 valid for 10 days. Other deals: 1.25GB @ R15.90 for 1 day. 20GB @ R199 for 14 days etc. Obviously depends on your own usage volume etc but worth looking into.
I'm being offered 20GB for R199 for 14 days on Telkom Prepaid so they do have some good deals.