• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

What Is The Best Camera For Professional Photography In 2018

Mthambe

Please I am thinking of going into Photographs, what is the best camera anyone can advice for profession photography.

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Start with something cheaper in case you don't like it/it doesn't work out for you.

Best is an open ended question, as it depends on your needs. If you're shooting landscapes or in a studio there are medium format options which will break the bank but will suck at sports, for example.

saor

Honorary Master
Imo start the hobby with whatever you've got or a cheaper bridge camera then buy the cool gear when you know what you need / want.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Please I am thinking of going into Photographs, what is the best camera anyone can advice for profession photography.
1. Budget?
2. What level of photography?
3. What are you shooting?
4. Budget?

Btw, if you figure out how to enter photographs, please tell me, there are a couple I'd like to explore. :p

P.S.
Advise is a verb meaning “to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following.” Advice is a noun meaning “an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.”

The Best:
https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-1d-x-ii-body
or
https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/nikon-d5-dslr-camera-body-dual-cf

Or if you don't want to spend that much, something like a Canon 80D is great, or you can even go for the Canon 800D. The just-above-entry-level stuff is pretty good these days.
Actually, even the entry level DSLRs (or maybe even mirrorless) are good enough to take great photos, and from there you can decide what it's shortcomings are for what you want to do and then buy a more expensive camera.

If you are even remotely serious about photography, stay away from cameras that don't use interchangeable lenses.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Do you have the skill and business acumen to become a professional photographer?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I am in Photography school currently. I will be through by November.
The gear you buy is going to be influenced by the genre of photography you're looking to get into. What interests you and what's your budget?

mmmig

Executive Member
The Best:
https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-1d-x-ii-body
or
https://www.ormsdirect.co.za/nikon-d5-dslr-camera-body-dual-cf

Or if you don't want to spend that much, something like a Canon 80D is great, or you can even go for the Canon 800D. The just-above-entry-level stuff is pretty good these days.
Actually, even the entry level DSLRs (or maybe even mirrorless) are good enough to take great photos, and from there you can decide what it's shortcomings are for what you want to do and then buy a more expensive camera.

If you are even remotely serious about photography, stay away from cameras that don't use interchangeable lenses.
80D is overpriced by over 5K thanks to the exchange rate back when Zuma is around, 77D is basically the same camera in a cheaper and seems to be selling for 10K in many places. Right now M50 is the best value at R7,500 and presumably the successor to the 80D/M5 should come in the 10-12K range (if exchange rates remain consistent) Canons pricing right now is an absolute mess.

Sony A6300 and higher not a bad option won't leave a bitter taste in your mouth when newer models come out like Canon would