What is the best car you have ever owned?

WAJ

1985 Toyota FJ60 with 350 small block chevy V8 and 35" Mud tyres ! Beast Incarnate !

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
I'm genuinely surprised that most people loved their cheap, old, rubbish **** box more than anything new or modern or expensive.

WorldWarII

I'm genuinely surprised that most people loved their cheap, old, rubbish **** box more than anything new or modern or expensive.
I have same sentiments. I built about 8 golf MkI 's and I think if I look back Ide rather ride skateboard than any of them. had a jetta, a BMW 318 , Beetle, mercedes..... Slow and boring never worked for me. Even a slow car made fast wasnt great. a Friend from service used to say "normal cars for normal people" haha

Gert.M

The best car I ever owned was a 1971 Citroën DS21 Pallas. This was the most comfortable car I ever drove.

beans100

Honorary Master
They're (mostly) anonymous on here, so they won't loose their posh status in their social circles if they out their real feelings on here.

pegpluscol

Renault Dauphine. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge could do major repairs.
One could buy a complete set of pistons, sleeves, big ends and tappets and overhaul in under two hours.

ian16th

2007 Maza 6 2.3l

Had it from new, and have no plans to get rid of it.

Every time have it serviced, the staff want to buy it off me!

Clipboard01 Number plate blanked.jpg

MikeShepstone

The best car I have ever owned is my 2002 Nissan Almera. I am still driving it daily 17 years later and it has given me no trouble (Touch wood!) bar having to have the starter motor rewound. Still on the original clutch and have never had to have the cam chain changed or adjusted.

Andre Bothma

My two little Smart Passions.
1.0 Ti cabriolets with only two seats (no more needed). Simple plain little cars with all the needed "gadgets", just a pity they weren't the greatest hits here in the south of Africa and Mercedes exploited that to the full.

nazmo

1995 Toyota Conquest 180RSi. Most cheap and reliable car I ever had
I had the poverty spec "180i Sport" and sold it with 300 000kms, nothing other than a clutch replacement and shock replacements were done on that car. really miss it,with its amazing leather bucket seats.

Kaveek

1999 Toyota Corolla RXi 6 Speed -

As a Toyota fan, this was one of the cars I dreamt of owning from the day it was released and it did not disappoint. Power, braking, handling and comfort did not disappoint. Epic epic car. So regret selling. Must own another one in my life. If only Toyota would have kept the RSI flag flying high and proud. So disappointed with the brand for this

Thugsterj

2011 Honda civic Hatch.
Very reliable. Excellent car with lots of bells and whistles. Great styling and lots of room. Honda really did a great job.