What is the best car you have ever owned?

Marshalling

1981 Golf GL. Super fun car, just eventually to much rust for me to fix in the end, also they hadn't made parts for it in years.

ProtoGauge

1978 Alfa Alfetta GTV 2.0 and it was amazing. Broke all the time and I loved it. Great car to learn basic mechanical skills.

wbot

I've only had 3 cars, owned 2 of them. So I'll say my current 2010 Ford Fiestatjie :) Hasn't let me down yet.

First car was a Citi Golf in 03 which I loved as well. Second was a Polo which wasn't really mine.

Johnmac

Funnily enough it is my current car a 2006 Toyota Yaris T3. I have been driving for over 50 years and I have owned all sorts of cars from Austin Healey to VW Combi with a Subaru and Daimler Sovereign thrown in for good measure.
I have always had lower back problems and could never drive any car for more than an hour without getting extreme back pain and sciatica in my legs. I don't know what Toyota have done to the seat in the Yaris but I can drive it all day without any pain. This is my first Toyota and I will never have a different make again.

Jase

Executive Member
Fiat Uno Fire. I purchased one for R19k and sold it 3 years later for R21k.

HumanShield

Current car. 2011 Polo 1.6. Naturally aspirated goodness. Not the fastest but beats some 1.0 turbos on economy. Can get it as low as 4.6L/100km on the drive between JHB and PTA with mild traffic. Will never sell this car.

Claymore

Executive Member
My 1997 Mondeo 2.0 Aspen was an awesome car. Good handling, performance, and fuel consumption, and it was the most reliable car I've ever owned, by a long way. I traded it in for a 2002 Mondeo 2.0 Ghia, which had more features (and the best seats and climate control I've had in any car), but ate clutches a lot in my heavy traffic. My current car, a Merc C180K Estate, is one of those cars that has some minor niggles, but has given me a sense of trust. And it's an auto, of course.

xcellza

1976 Toyota Corona, and a 1994 Mazda 323 200i DOHC

Still own the Toyota, just needs a spray job. The Mazda was stolen 5 times, the last time was in 2012, never got it back.

Attachments