What is the best car you have ever owned?

Mekon

1992 Opel Monza 200 CD 16v

Digital speedo, Koo Jam Tin Jar Exhaust at the back.............proper common car but i loved it........leather seats, automatic windows.

And it smoked decently...........as any opel does.

Petrol station stops were like "R 50 oil and check the petrol".
As any Opel does?
my 1991 Kadett GSE only started to smoke at 280000km
1992 Kadett GSI 16V sold at 292000km. Was not using oil yet or smoking
1997 200iS Kadett. sold at 412000km and was using a pint every 5000km
Currently own a Corsa C Gamma 1.4 that is on 390000km. Does not use oil

My sister has a 2017 Hondnaai i10. been to the dealer 5 times for mechanical issues. It has only done 46000km
Friends Tiburon started smoking and using oil at around 160000km

BTW the 16V CD never had a digital dash. only the first GSI's and Monza GLI's up until 1987

Mekon

Difficult. Probably my 1967 Volvo 122S.

Because old Volvos are probably the coolest cars in existence.
I have a friend in the Netherlands that has one with a motor out of a 850R

DiabloDane

@DiabloDane Morning. Peugeot Boxer 2.2 Diesel - What's your thoughts/opinion ?
Hey buddy, Diesels are tough!! Decent engine!! Can’t speak in regards of suspension etc but you gonna have many many carefree Kms on the motor, regular services of oil etc and you’ll be a happy chappy

HunterNW

Executive Member
Hey buddy, Diesels are tough!! Decent engine!! Can’t speak in regards of suspension etc but you gonna have many many carefree Kms on the motor, regular services of oil etc and you’ll be a happy chappy
Thanks man. Last question - Spares ? Are they available ?

DiabloDane

Yeah easily available at Masterparts and alert.... I have never come across people looking for engine type spares tho, service yes.... internals never ever... not even once that I can recall personally

DiabloDane

But like I said, suspension and braking etc I can’t say for sure if you can walk into spares shops and easily find what you looking for .... they not the most popular vehicles on the road

ES1

What is the best car you have ever owned? What did you like about it?
This is quite hard. I had a beetle as my first car. Did many miles with it. What I liked about it was it was super cheap to maintain. per kilometre. Lost it in an accident and got more for it after I lost it than what I paid for it. (I am pretty sure no one would ever hi-jack that car. Since then had a lot of VW's. Must say I loved them all, relatively cheap to maintain as parts are readily available and South African made. But the polo's are a bit of a hijack risk. Luckily my current one is quite old and I cling to it, Like the safety features.

DiabloDane

This is quite hard. I had a beetle as my first car. Did many miles with it. What I liked about it was it was super cheap to maintain. per kilometre. Lost it in an accident and got more for it after I lost it than what I paid for it. (I am pretty sure no one would ever hi-jack that car. Since then had a lot of VW's. Must say I loved them all, relatively cheap to maintain as parts are readily available and South African made. But the polo's are a bit of a hijack risk. Luckily my current one is quite old and I cling to it, Like the safety features.
Flat screwdriver, 10 socket, pliers, wire, electrical tape and oil is all you need to fix any old VW!

Reactions: ES1

CT_Biker

Expert Member
My current VW CTI - not light on fuel, as it is modified.

Particularly fun on a Gymkhana course, as that is what it is set up to do.