What is the best car you have ever owned?

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Only ever owned 2 cars and wish I still had my first car.

It was a Toyota Corolla 140i.

Boring as hell but so reliable, fuel efficient and parts were dirt cheap.

Oenophile

2005 Mercedes Benz C220 CDi. Comfortable, economical, excellent road holding and with enough torque and power to get out of trouble. I could travel long distances without becoming stressed.

CornelDUP

2014 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 Trend.... I deeply regret selling that car, it was an absolute blast to drive, and super economical.

DartX

Best Car: '98 Opel Astra 200iE, economical, sold it with over 400,000km on the clock. In that time replaced the clutch once and normal consumables only. Good performance, spacious and comfortable.

Most fun: 2013 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5i. A real blast to drive, love the retractable hard top, gives roadster and GT cruiser in one. And then that straight six 3.0l ... sounds awesome and instant acceleration in any gear and RPM. Not light on fuel though!

brucebm

1969 Triumph 2000 Mk1 Estate, straight 6 engine, regret that I sold it in 1976.

Nithan15

Expert Member
Best Car: '98 Opel Astra 200iE, economical, sold it with over 400,000km on the clock. In that time replaced the clutch once and normal consumables only. Good performance, spacious and comfortable.

Most fun: 2013 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.5i. A real blast to drive, love the retractable hard top, gives roadster and GT cruiser in one. And then that straight six 3.0l ... sounds awesome and instant acceleration in any gear and RPM. Not light on fuel though!
That's an amazing list :cool: wasn't the Opel car of the but I think it was 95 and 96 stand to be corrected.

You can never go wrong with a BMW straight 6 engine, anyday all day.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Strangely enough 2 cars, my Chevrolet Cruze it's at 110k now and only paid for services, brakes and tires in it's 7 years and my wifes Spark same in 5 years.
Before I had an Opel Astra eish, and a Polo as well.

CTPC

I have had a number of offroad vehicles. Done many offroad trips and sometimes severe trails.
When hard core offroading I think my Nissan Hardbody was perhaps a tad better than my Land Cruiser. ( Nissan was slightly modified-front diff lock, bigger Turbo and intercooler, steel bumper all round)
I now have my second Land Rover Discovery 4 and it is by far a mere economical vehicle than the Land Cruiser, but slightly smaller inside. However much cheaper to run and just as reliable.
My Nissan had 314000 km when I sold it ( Replaced front hubs twice, clutch, discs, shocks), My Land Cruiser 4500 EFI had 273000( Replaced front diff twice, Transfer gearbox, Exhaust manifold, Alternator twice, Plug wires twice, throttle body, discs, rust removed out of roof, electronic window control, window winder, radiator, exhaust, coil springs. shocks) , my Land Rover Discovery 3 had 212000( Replaced discs, gearbox oil, suspension compressor, alternator, front control arm bushings) and the Discovery 4 now have 175000km on the clock (Alternator repaired, gearbox oil replaced, discs, front lower control arm bushings)
The Discovery also have by far the superior ride. (Air suspension and lots of power)
Most cars are reliable if maintained properly.

Last edited:

Hoffie Hoffmann

Two cars: 1956 Triumph TR 3 fast nippy sexy economical.
1990 BMW 525. 230 000 total trouble free enjoyment.... got seduced by 1997 BMW 528 which was totally the oposite