What is the best gadget you have ever bought?

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Please tell us what the best gadget (or gadgets) are which you have ever bought.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Jbl charge Bluetooth speaker/powerbank
All my home automation stuff
Harmony one remote

lowriderza

A Smartphone with a decent camera counts as a "gadget" for me I'm old enough to say that. It totally changed the way I work and relax.

The Vox amPlug changed the way I practice on my instruments.

But my favourite ~R10 gadget is this little tool which does so much for such a simple looking thing. Edit: It's a wire stripper and punch tool used in network cabling. It's easier to use and works better than its more expensive brethren. CAB-T-CS-E-600x600.jpg

Last edited:

APoc184

Honorary Master
Mmm... Tough one. So many things I can't go without these days.

But for me it has to be my DSLR. Especially with the addition of the F2.8 zoom lenses.

And close second is a vehicle with cruise control.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
If I had to pick one, and only one... my Beer Hunter (R180 odd)

beerhunter.jpg

Have it in my laptop bag. Very very useful, even bought its brother (Smartknife) for home because I couldn't find another one of these.

After this comes my Ezviz wire free wifi cameras.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
RCBS Case Master® Gauging Tool
rc_87310-casemastergaugingtool.jpg
The Case Master gauging tool quickly measures several important case and cartridge dimensions, including case neck concentricity, uniformity and thickness, as well as case length and bullet run-out. All are important to accuracy and safety. It also detects case head separation before symptoms are apparent on the outside of case. The tool is much quicker than a dial caliper and makes a tedious job simple and less tiring.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Probably one of these USB OTG adapters:

Has saved my arse many a time when I needed a network driver urgently out in the field and could download it using my mobile data, or when I messed up my phone's bootloader and needed to use it to flash the recovery again.