What is the best gadget you have ever bought?

mercury12

Expert Member
Me my Nokia 1. I'm a white guy living in the rural Eastern Cape. I tried to provide a bit of humour in the funny pictures thread and Fiesta tried to make a fool of me.

Good luck MYBB.

This is not a nice forum to visit for people like me.
You're posting in the wrong thread. Read the thread title before posting.

Bighit

Expert Member
I'm assuming those connect via Bluetooth?
Unfortunately not, it comes with a base station that connects via USB to your pc/ps4/Xbox and your headphones get paired to the base station. Plus it came with a dolby atmos voucher.

airborne

Executive Member
Never assume. Gaming headsets are not btooth 99% of the time because of latency and non synced audio as a result
That's what I was wondering, I was getting all happy that if they made Bt gaming headsets that somehow they'd sorted the latency issue out. Not to be

technofool

I have to say I'm amazed by the new waterproof Kindle Paperwhite for $85 on special. I thought black & white e-ink screen was the slow cousin of a full colour tablet but I was so wrong. For reading books there is nothing better. I have rediscovered books again and luvin' reading again.
Plus there are amazing Kindle libraries floating around on the net. 3000 books is pretty much a life time of reading, all on 1 Kindle. (1 book per week from age 20 to 80 = 3000 weeks)

Drifter

Honorary Master
Tks. So it's used to bend small pieces of metal for making models etc.?
Yes, with plastic injection molding you cant get crisp details, so they make these photo etch set to upgrade the model. Mostly used for cockpits, but basically anything, engines, wheel bays, flaps to railings and cranes on ships.

It's kahrk expensive though. A PE upgrade set for the 1/200 HMS Hood is $300. Cost more than the kit. Here is an example:

This all comes in a flat sheet that needs bending and folding. It's a real skill and very difficult to work with.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I have to say I'm amazed by the new waterproof Kindle Paperwhite for $85 on special. I thought black & white e-ink screen was the slow cousin of a full colour tablet but I was so wrong. For reading books there is nothing better. I have rediscovered books again and luvin' reading again.
Plus there are amazing Kindle libraries floating around on the net. 3000 books is pretty much a life time of reading, all on 1 Kindle. (1 book per week from age 20 to 80 = 3000 weeks)
Where did you get that price? I see it for $130 from Amazon?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
It was on special for the week of Mothers Day and again for the big Amazon Prime Day sale on 15 July.
https://www.offers.com/amazon-prime-day/
Ah ok. I left mine on a flight last week and don't have time to get a new one sent over before I fly again on Thursday, so ended up getting from Incredible Connection for R3500 :crying: I softened the blow with ebucks but still, such a big markup. But as you say, totally worth it and the last one was an original paper white from 2013 so it lasted well

David101

:thumbsup:I also use my paperwhite daily. Have about 18 000 ebooks on my hard drive..I am an ebook hoarder I know

maumau

Honorary Master
Yes, with plastic injection molding you cant get crisp details, so they make these photo etch set to upgrade the model. Mostly used for cockpits, but basically anything, engines, wheel bays, flaps to railings and cranes on ships.

It's kahrk expensive though. A PE upgrade set for the 1/200 HMS Hood is $300. Cost more than the kit. Here is an example:

This all comes in a flat sheet that needs bending and folding. It's a real skill and very difficult to work with.

That is absolutely awesome, WOW every tiny detail's perfect.

Jase

Executive Member
I have numerous gadgets but lately my iPad is used the most. Of late it has gotten me through many a boring night shift (Netflix, YT and the Kindle app).

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Smartphone, which is a communication, note taking, photo taking, entertainment all in one device. First my Galaxy S7, which I still would have used if it wasn't stolen, and now my 10e.

My old i7 2600K, which was my primary PC for 8 years and could handle everything I threw at it. My wife could stream from it while I play modern games without me even noticing it. My desktop is still the center of my household, work or play.

Air fryer

Egg boiler

Egg peeler - I thought it would be a useless device, but works amazingly well.

PS4, which for a long time was the the only device I had in my living room, together with a dumb TV. It is just a great all in one entertainment device.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
hmm

2008 - Toshiba Satellite L40-17O

I still use this laptop every single day and it still has one of the best screens I've ever seen on a laptop.