What is the best mobile phone you have ever owned?

Claymore

Executive Member
My current phone, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, is the best all-rounder I've ever had. Amazing cameras, battery life, speed, screen, etc. I just never have any hassles with it.

The best communications phone I had was the BlackBerry Passport. The wider screen meant it was easier to read emails and web pages, battery was excellent, the BB10 OS was rock-solid, and the physical/touch keyboard was the best keyboard I've ever used. Decent stereo speakers too.

Radorn

I loved my Sony Ericsson k810i. The camera and audio was amazing for the time.

The Voice

Executive Member
Nokia 3310. The battery probably still has some charge left in it.

ReggaeBoyz

Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
After 5 years of using it it was still as good as new and better than most other phones I have tried. Unfortunately I lost it in a smash and grab last year otherwise I would still be using it.

acp

Huawei Mate 20 Pro Dual SIM. Period.

At R399 x 24 on Telkom FreeMe, the value for money flagship experience is simply mind blowing.
Made me break my rule of never taking out a contract again.

I tried hard to argue in favour of Xiaomi or OnePlus, but Huawei has won three rounds.

Had the P Smart and P9 Lite before - simply great phones.

Nithan15

Expert Member
Nokia 3310 or Ericcson T28i
Ahh yes I miss mine. Like a boss you pushed the button and the flap opened. Also with the flap up you slide the volume key it gave you valuable battery info.

Nithan15

Expert Member
For me its my new S10+ 128GB is a lot of space and the option to add an SD Card.
Movies on that screen is on another level and I have a Q80R TV at home.

I still think that the Samsung Galaxy S2 was the most strongest constructed Samsung

SCRAMJet

My good old HTC Desire S.

Rugged, functional, not too expensive for good specs (then at least).

I still have it as a backup.

ballboy

LG G3 Solid. No problems for 4 years. Professional with an amazing camera app. Still proudly working as a standby!

mozez22

My Note 4 is my daily driver and turns 5 next month. Battery change x2. Drop it and pick up and put into pocket without examining further. Browses web, checks emails, plays music and videos, and makes calls. I would like the latest and greatest but cannot find enough of an excuse to update (latest apps and games, better camera, updated Android, security updates)
I also thought the Note 4 was indestructible, until a road trip a few years ago from CPT to JHB, and 6 hours out we realised the GPS had gone ass-backward.

Luckily I had a Tab E as well at the time, but I was devastated. The phone still resides in my desk drawer, and has been labelled the 'skedonk', and is wheeled out whenever my gf loses a phone.